I feel the BlackBerry/Android possibility could be the same.

When you could run Windows on a Mac, it was a good move for Apple in the mass market. You didn't HAVE to run Windoze on your Mac, it was an option.

So now, you don't HAVE to buy a DroidBerry. Just keep using bb10, which will continue to be supported I think.
    06-12-15 07:46 AM
    I feel the BlackBerry/Android possibility could be the same.

When you could run Windows on a Mac, it was a good move for Apple in the mass market. You didn't HAVE to run Windoze on your Mac, it was an option.

So now, you don't HAVE to buy a DroidBerry. Just keep using bb10, which will continue to be supported I think.
    How is it that BlackBerry can now support two OS ? Weren't they making cuts? If they decide to do this I doubt they'll keep BlackBerry 10 for long.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    miker476 likes this.
    06-12-15 08:01 AM
    How is it that BlackBerry can now support two OS ? Weren't they making cuts? If they decide to do this I doubt they'll keep BlackBerry 10 for long.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I agree. If they do this and it increases sales, they probably go all in.
    06-12-15 08:14 AM
    Don't think the Android Handset Alliance rules will allow it....

And based on where BlackBerry is... what difference will a few BlackBerry snobs make - most of them are still using BBOS anyway.

In BlackBerry's position, it's really the only option to go full Android. With some custom BlackBerry Experience Apps and maybe a locked ROM.

But this will still be mainly a Enterprise focused product.... it will not be able to compete with all the Android OEMs out there.
    06-12-15 08:24 AM
    The move to Intel processors was driven by the inability of Motorola to extract more performance out of the Power PC architecture at the pace Apple needed.

There is an enormous difference between switching processors - a virtually invisible change to the end user without legacy devices/software - and a company that has built it's reputation on security switching to the an operating system designed to spy on its users.

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    06-12-15 09:43 AM
    Actually three OS's. They are still selling BBOS devices and there are plenty out there that still need to be supported.
    06-12-15 09:48 AM
    Actually three OS's. They are still selling BBOS devices and there are plenty out there that still need to be supported.
    Support for BBOS ended a year ago, when all the BBOS devs were either laid off or reassigned. BBOS is officially EOL.

But I agree - I don't see BB having the resources to support 2 OSs for very long.
    06-12-15 07:59 PM