New to the Crackberry -- but completely in love. I have taken a lot of photos on my memory card and can see them in the file through USB connection. The file extension is .jpg.rem. What app is best used on the pc to view and convert files to regular .jpg?

Thanks for help and recommendations. I'm STUCK!
    02-06-09 12:14 PM
    I found that using the Blackberry Desktop manager, then going to Media, then choosing the Media manager launches Roxio for Blackberry (which was also installed when my BB desktop manager was installed). This instance of Roxio has a little transparent BB symbol on the lower right hand side of the screen. It runs very slowly on my 3 year old computer, but does move. I have to enter my BB password, and the encryption pw, which you set when you turned on the BB or the BB Desktop manager. Mine are the same PW.
    I can select multiple files on my BB and move them to my computer drive. The files, as they appear in Roxio, do not have the REM extension. Presumably, Roxio only gets the unencrypted version from the BB. I guess the actual unencryption is done by the BB device itself, not by my computer. The transfer takes a while. I transfered about 200 files in about 15 minutes. Encryption was "Strong", not stronger or strongest. My guess is that stronger or strongest would take more time to unencrypt.

Good luck.

My BB is a Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.405, platform 5.1.0.112
    My BB Desktop manager is 5.0.1
    The Roxio is Roxio for Blackberry Build 904B67E ENU
    07-17-10 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD