Can i reload a later version of the OS without re doing the unlock?

I am having some java script errors and wish to get rid of them.

Anyone know a way to go about this pleasE?
    Last edited by sheek80; 03-19-11 at 09:44 PM.
    03-19-11 09:28 PM
    You can't jailbreak a Blackberry device.
    Do you mean unlock? If you unlock it, I believe it stays unlocked no matter what version of OS you install.
    But I may be incorrect, so hopefully someone else can assist you further.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 03-19-11 at 10:02 PM.
    sheek80 likes this.
    03-19-11 09:34 PM
    Yah sorry I meant Unlocked.

So i am at and OLD OS, i can upgrade and still use my service under Tmobile? if so i am sooooo happy

current is

can i upgrade to 5.0.0.822 ?
    Last edited by sheek80; 03-19-11 at 09:46 PM.
    03-19-11 09:43 PM
    What device do you own?
    sheek80 likes this.
    03-19-11 09:57 PM
    once unlocked, it wont relock. OS upgrades dont effect the lock/unlock status of the phone. you will be fine. and please, never use the term jailbreaking when referring to a blackberry. thats iphone/apple lingo.
    sheek80 likes this.
    03-19-11 09:59 PM
    thanks guys, so i found this link because i dont have a data plan, but man this makes 0 sense. it sounds like jibberish and i am a computer guy..

TO CORRECTLY INSTALL NEW RIM OS 5.0 ON DEVICES WITHOUT INTERNET SERVICE and USING Windows 7 TO DO SO, FOLLOW THIS:
    First of all do a complete backup of all your contacts, messages, and stuff using your actual version of Desktop Manager.[/b] After that, you are ready to start the OS 5.0 upgrade!
    Uninstall ANY RIM software, like old OS instalation AND Desktop Manager! You have to end up with your Windows 7 with NOTHING of RIM stuff installed AND NONE of dead foldes in C:\Program Files\Common Files\. (I used Your Unin-staller! 2010 in Super-Mode to uninstal first last 5.0 OS, then my old 4.6 OS, and last my old 5.0.0 DM)
    After ALL the uninstalling, restart Windows 7 and then INSTALL the OS 5.0 you would like to upload to your BB. DO NOT INSTALL Desktop Manage OR ANY OTHER OS OR RIM SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!
    After the OS is correctly installed, navigate to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder and DELETE the file Vendor.xml, and then EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN!!
    Plug your BB to the computer with an USB cable, and then TURN OFF THE BB!
    ONLY when the device is correctly turned OFF (device light is flashing because in battery charging mode), REMOVE the battery and REMOVE the SIM card.
    NOW YOU HAVE TO BE QUICK!!! Insert the battery back in and WHILE THE LIGHT OF YOUR BB IS RED TURNED ON run the Loader.exe file that is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder!!!
    In the Loader app you will see your device found with an UNKNOWN PIN: hit NEXT and go for the software scanning!!
    After that, the Loader app should show you and let you choose ANY of the OS 5.0 modules available in your version.
    Choose the one you like (I installed everything without just a few languages, BBMessenger, TTY support and Password) and go ahead to finish installation!!
    After the installation is ended, your BB will boot up for the first time after about 30 minutes (or more!), so DON'T WORRY IF YOU DON'T SEE THE PROGRESS BAR MOVING!! Just forget about you BB for a while and go to eat a panini!
    Now DOWNLOAD the latest Desktop Manager available from RIM and use it to restore all your personal data, but REMEMBER that OS 5.0 is different from old OS 4.6 or 4.7, so is better ONLY to RESTORE your PERSONAL DATA like contacts, messages, dictionaries and custom words. It is better NOT to restore all those system settings that could be non-compatible with the new OS 5.0.
    03-19-11 10:01 PM
    Im stuck here

restart Windows 7 and then INSTALL the OS 5.0 you would like to upload to your BB. DO NOT INSTALL Desktop Manage

how do i install the OS on my blackberry without a desktop manager?? confused
    03-19-11 10:05 PM
    03-19-11 10:11 PM
    U guys now have a new friend, thank you everyone who helped, I am installing a new OS now. Kisses

And most important. I learned ALOT, this was so easy that I wasnt giving myself the benefit of the doubt
    Last edited by sheek80; 03-19-11 at 10:50 PM.
    03-19-11 10:44 PM
    U guys now have a new friend, thank you everyone who helped, I am installing a new OS now. Kisses

And most important. I learned ALOT, this was so easy that I wasnt giving myself the benefit of the doubt
    im glad everythings working out. welcome aboard.
    03-19-11 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD