Do you guys think it would be a good idea to release BB10 on PB at launch? If RIM is confident at BB10 and just need exposure, It would be a great idea.
    09-25-12 12:13 PM
    It has been said numerous times, BB10 WILL be coming to the PlayBook shortly after the phones have launched.

I would have thought there would be some tweeking to do to switch BB10 over to the PlayBook format, and RIM seem to be (correctly) focusing on the phone side for now and until the phones launch, so I'm happy to wait a while for BB10 to show up on the PlayBook as long as they get the phones (as close as possible to) perfect.

Si.
    09-25-12 01:06 PM
    We know it's coming to the PB eventually, but did you not think it odd that the Playbook, itself, was barely mentioned, recognized, and acknowledged at the BBJam keynotes address? I understand that RIM is focusing on the phone side of things at the moment, and I agree that they need to be doing so for obvious reasons, but from an outside observer, it certainly seemed that the PB was largely forgotten/ignored by RIM today.
    09-25-12 01:12 PM
    It has been said numerous times, BB10 WILL be coming to the PlayBook shortly after the phones have launched.

I would have thought there would be some tweeking to do to switch BB10 over to the PlayBook format, and RIM seem to be (correctly) focusing on the phone side for now and until the phones launch, so I'm happy to wait a while for BB10 to show up on the PlayBook as long as they get the phones (as close as possible to) perfect.

Si.

I am happy to wait it out too, but I think it's a loss for RIM not using 8M PB users as a platform for free advertizing. For me, I would definitely show it to my friends if it's on PB.

And yes, it has been mentioned many times it will be released on PB after phones, but it also have any verions of stories floating around. If you get upset on me mentioning this again, I will be upset about your upset-ness on my thread.
    09-25-12 06:26 PM
    I am happy to wait it out too, but I think it's a loss for RIM not using 8M PB users as a platform for free advertizing. For me, I would definitely show it to my friends if it's on PB.
    Where did you get the 8 million PlayBook users number from?
    09-25-12 07:13 PM
    I could be wrong about that number, so what? It was more than a million before RIM slashed the price the first time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD