Hi All,

I am new to BB/CB and would like to know if it is possible to reject a phone call with text.

On my previous phones (Nokia and Windows Mobiles) I was able to reject a phone call and on pressing the reject/ignore button automatically send an sms text to the caller informing them that "I am in a meeting and would call back later" or something similar.

Do you know if BB's have similar funtions or is there an app out there?

Thank you

Andrew
    07-03-08 04:49 AM
    Scottz,
    Did you switch carriers when you switched phones? That sounds like a SP issue. If you figure this out I would love to have that feature. I will keep checking back. Welcome to the club.
    07-03-08 04:55 AM
    Threefive,

I used to have this feature on my other phones and wanted to know if it is available with BB's. I believe this feature is dependent on the phone/software and not the carrier (but No I am with the same carrier).

Thanks for the welcome.
    Last edited by thescottz; 07-03-08 at 05:09 AM.
    07-03-08 05:03 AM
    If you finad out how to do that PLEASE let me know, that would be the shiznit!
    07-03-08 05:11 AM
    Oh by the way what MW phone did you have?
    07-03-08 05:12 AM
    Yes it was a great feature, although it was only benefitial when the caller was on a mobile and not a land line due to to the text function. If you caught it in time, it stopped the caller leaving a voicemail as they notice you just sent a text.

Yes it was a great feature, although it was only beneficial when the caller was on a mobile and not a land line due to to the text function. If you caught it in time, it stopped the caller leaving a voicemail as they noticed you just sent a text.

I had a HTC TyTN (Tilt) II and boy do I NOT miss it.
    Last edited by thescottz; 07-03-08 at 05:32 AM.
    07-03-08 05:24 AM
    All,

I am checking to see if any of the Blacklist/Whitelist apps like the one from iBerry address this. Not sure if this will jog anyone's memory.
    07-03-08 05:35 AM
    I almost traded a BB 8800 for a htc slider, glad I didn't do that.
    07-03-08 05:38 AM
    The only way I see to do it. If you go to call log-menr-send sms. It will find the contact in your address book and you can send a sms. I think that is the best you can do now.

I set-up a side convience key to access the call log.

Enjoy you BB experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 07:25 AM
    my husband has this feature on his Treo 680 too. It's the only thing about his phone I like.
    07-03-08 09:20 AM
    my husband has this feature on his Treo 680 too. It's the only thing about his phone I like.
    one of the very FEW things i liked about the Treo 680 during the week or so i had it. i absolutely loathed that perpetual reboot of a brick! lol it was a good learning experience though.... never leave BB was what i learned from it all
    07-03-08 09:27 AM
    I had that program on my Q too. I really miss it. The program that I had would also automatically respond to incoming texts, saying "I'm in a meeting and will respond to your text as soon as possible," or whatever you programmed it to say. It was a great app and if there is something like it available for BB I would be all over it!
    07-03-08 11:29 AM
    Pretty sweet feature that! My Nokia had it too. Unfortunately, I dont know if the BB has it. Good you posted this. Now I shall check it out and update this thread if I have any luck...I doubt it though coz I've been through my phone's options pretty extensively (though not completely) and I never spotted it.
    07-03-08 11:53 AM
    Unfortunately, Blackberries do not come with this feature. I'm not sure if there is a 3rd party app that can do this..... Perhaps some searching may turn one up.
    07-03-08 11:55 AM
    I loved this feature too..... this should be added as a 3rd party by someone, if RIM doesn't include it themselves soon!
    07-03-08 07:50 PM
    if there is an app for ignore calls with a text, PLEASE let me know!?!?!?! my treo 700p actually had that.
    07-03-08 09:32 PM
    Thanks to all but it seems like there is nothing out there, or if there is I cant find it. Its a shame because thats the only thing I miss from my other phones.

Does any one know if one can create/save SMS templates, if its possible that may be a crude workaround.

Is this 3rd party sw dependent as I have just found x-template from x-berrysoft, has anyone used this and can vouch for it?
    07-04-08 06:14 AM
    Found these guys today while searching for similar capabilities.
    price is a little high for mobile software, IMHO, but seems like it's well worth it.
    they even have a free trial you can do before you decide to buy.

Not sure they offer sms blocking, but they have a pro version of i.call manager coming out, so maybe there's hope there. or try the forums and ask the developers. reading through them they seem to be fairly responsive and open to suggestions.

I'm new so I can't yet post a url but google: i-software.com
    07-06-08 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD