People still need marketing. And thats the weakpoint BlackBerry has never mastered. Come out with something cool but apple is still going to embrace a cover on youtube to buy the iphone 6s, or on news sites. These marketers know how to play the game. Samsung always rules advertising on iphone launch days.

Is a samsung marketing team included along with help of making the slider? Lol

And on the other hand, theres still a lot of other android hardware manufacturers like lg, huwei, etc. That BlackBerry has to compete with. It might take a while.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 09:08 PM
    It just costs too much they'd burn through al their cash trying show people something they might not buy, and that's too risky.
    ruben1975 likes this.
    06-18-15 10:17 PM
    The best part about these rumors is that it's stirring a lot of talks. People who thought BlackBerry is dead, now realize they are still alive and still have plans to make phones. I dislike Android and hope the rumors aren't true. And in meantime as long as these rumors are getting people talking about BlackBerry then I don't see any harm.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 03:28 AM
    People don't understand how expensive marketing is these days. Look at the marketing budgets of Apple and Samsung and see how much it costs to aggressively market like them.

Plus, right now there is no point of marketing a product that is geared more towards the enterprise crowd. Also, on the consumer side of things, people still think BlackBerry is dead. A little of marketing is not going to help improve that image right now.

What BlackBerry needs to do is somehow get a steady flow of revenue coming in through software and enterprise clients and then do something about the missing apps on BB10. Only then they should start marketing in their strongholds.

On the consumer side of things, sadly, I think the BlackBerry/Android combination is the only way I see BlackBerry get some consumer sales numbers up.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 07:05 AM
    People don't understand how expensive marketing is these days. Look at the marketing budgets of Apple and Samsung and see how much it costs to aggressively market like them.

Plus, right now there is no point of marketing a product that is geared more towards the enterprise crowd. Also, on the consumer side of things, people still think BlackBerry is dead. A little of marketing is not going to help improve that image right now.

What BlackBerry needs to do is somehow get a steady flow of revenue coming in through software and enterprise clients and then do something about the missing apps on BB10. Only then they should start marketing in their strongholds.

On the consumer side of things, sadly, I think the BlackBerry/Android combination is the only way I see BlackBerry get some consumer sales numbers up.

Posted via CB10
    I understand its expensive but we just need to do something. Havent seen anything in a long time. When they do, its super cheesy. The leap commercial on youtube was so cheesy.

But somehow they did a great job with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 09:55 AM