Hi Guys

I have this new BB bold where i have set up one of my gmail account to be pushed. mails from my university .edu account gets forwarded to that gmail account. i can receive those forwarded mails in my BB push, but problem occurs when i try to reply a mail that was for the .edu account. when i reply, the recepient sees my gmail account ID as the "replied from". i have set the .edu account as the default ID to be shown when replying any mails from the gmail account, still how come it occurs? (by the way i dont see that problem happening when i reply directly by opening the gmail account in a computer). please help to rectify this problem.. many thanks..
    08-27-09 12:03 PM
    I think that's something you can only go from within gmail.

Once the mail goes to the Blackberry the ability to reply with a different address goes as the BB only has either the POP or IMAP settings for the gmail account itself.

Unless you set up the email account itself it's going to reply from whatever account's address you've forwarded the mail to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 12:07 PM
    I think that's something you can only go from within gmail.

Once the mail goes to the Blackberry the ability to reply with a different address goes as the BB only has either the POP or IMAP settings for the gmail account itself.

Unless you set up the email account itself it's going to reply from whatever account's address you've forwarded the mail to.

as i mentioned earlier, by going to the gmail account settings i have already set all the mails to be replied showing my .edu ID only by default,
    08-27-09 04:58 PM
    This is done on the BIS website under ReplyToAddress.
    08-27-09 05:02 PM
    This is done on the BIS website under ReplyToAddress.
    That would specify a different reply to address which could be used to force replies to the edu account but it wouldn't mask the fact the email was coming from the gmail account and not the edu account which is what I think the OP is looking to do.
    08-27-09 05:39 PM
    I think once you setup you acount in gmail under accts and imports menu. You can specify to not use gmail smtp and to use your .edu smtp settings. Once this is done email sent from you BB should show from .edu account.

Edit - I actually just tried it and it does work.
    Last edited by hellokaz432; 08-27-09 at 08:33 PM.
    08-27-09 06:09 PM
    Any mail going out from the BB would be done using RIM's SMTP servers. (I noticed this when my email gets caught in our spam filters at work due to a reverse DNS lookup not matching the domain of the sent account.)
    08-27-09 09:15 PM
    That would specify a different reply to address which could be used to force replies to the edu account but it wouldn't mask the fact the email was coming from the gmail account and not the edu account which is what I think the OP is looking to do.
    i used the reply to change as cavin told, and it actually works.. !! thats awesome indeed..
    08-30-09 10:19 AM
    I have this same issue, where is ReplyToAddress under BIS?
    08-30-09 10:45 AM
    Nevermind, this should work according to BIS, check out the last paragraph...

PDFAbout the Reply to email address

Note: Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.

You can specify a Reply to email address for your BlackBerry� email address and integrated email addresses. If you specify a Reply to email address for an integrated email address, when contacts reply to email messages that you send from that email address, the reply is sent to the Reply to email address instead of to the email address that you used to send the email message.

You can use the Reply to email address to hide your BlackBerry email address, or if you have more than one integrated email address, you can make email messages that you send from one email address appear as if you sent them from another email address.
    08-30-09 10:47 AM
    You can use the Reply to email address to hide your BlackBerry email address, or if you have more than one integrated email address, you can make email messages that you send from one email address appear as if you sent them from another email address.[/B]
    I'm not sure that's correct. Not having tried it but having on BIS but having set up countless email addresses the reply to address is just that. Mail will surely still show as coming from the originating address with a reply to field appended. Upon reply the mail will automatically go to the reply to address rather than the originating address.

I still don't think a reply to address will fully achieve what the OP wanted which unless I'm incorrect was for the email to show as coming from his .edu account as well as replies going back to it.

08-30-09 03:23 PM
    Setup reply to address in gmail but also setup your .edu accounts smtp settings to overide gmails outgoing settings. This is how I have mine setup and works fine.

08-30-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD