hi there.

i am a new blackberry owner, and i have a couple of word documents that i really want to have on my 8330. one is quite large. i don't seem to have "desktop manager" on my phone (and of course, i could be humiliating myself by assuming you're talking about doing this on my phone).

i emailed the large document to myself, but opening it on my bb is tricky (only small amounts of info at a time).

is there a way to keep the documents on my phone without having to email them to myself from my pc and then open them?

thanks.
    -lev
    12-29-08 12:51 AM
    Do you have a memory card? You can store it on your memory card by connecting your PC to the device and dragging and dropping into K:/ (or whatever your BB drive is) --> Blackberry --> documents

Also... Desktop Manager needs to be downloaded onto the PC. You will also need to update your Blackberry to 4.5 or better. When you do, you will be afforded the option of using Docs2Go. This can only be used for editing and viewing, but in order to create you will need to purchase the license from DataViz

Here is the official OS: 4.5.0.108
    Here are the directions: Upgrade/Downgrade

12-29-08 02:56 AM
    thank you so much!! i'm a SUPER NEWBIE (meaning i'm not completely comfy with computers, fancy phones, etc.), but i'll give it my best shot.

thanks again.
    -lev
    12-29-08 05:34 PM
    Desktop manager is some you install on you PC desktop not your phone. You will then be able to install Docs2Go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD