I know this was once answered and I did do the search but did'nt see the answer for it, so here goes nothing...

My mother has herself a nice old Nokia but has lately stepped into the technology a bit. She wants to take over my non being used pearl. I know I can use her sim card as the pearl is not 3g, but we are on a family unlimted text plan which i only use the unlimited data plan for my berry. So if i upgrade her to the pearl, would she still be able to get text messages without paying the extra 30 dollar BB Plan?
    06-06-08 10:12 AM
    text messaging and data are two different things...on vzw at least!
    06-06-08 10:25 AM
    You have unlimited txt plan on the family plan??

>> She will not rack up any charges on that line of the family plan

Data and messaging are different services. Under your unlimited txt plan you can send MMS and SMS from all family plan lines (if you have unlimited family messaging)
    06-06-08 10:35 AM
    Cool that's what I though but was not sure....Yea she does'nt use the web browser ever. Just text capablitites. But here POS phone is really old and hold no memory card. So she wanted one with room So i Have a pearl with a 2 gb...
    06-06-08 10:39 AM
    Cool that's what I though but was not sure....Yea she does'nt use the web browser ever. Just text capablitites. But here POS phone is really old and hold no memory card. So she wanted one with room So i Have a pearl with a 2 gb...
    She should be all set then. You may want to consider disabling the data services on the phone, just in case she does something she doesn't understand. Data can cost a lot if you don't have it at all on your plan.
    06-06-08 10:50 AM
    She should be all set then. You may want to consider disabling the data services on the phone, just in case she does something she doesn't understand. Data can cost a lot if you don't have it at all on your plan.
    Good and valid point
    06-06-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD