So I just got a refurbished 8300 from AT&T because my last one, which was me 2nd replacement had problems. The last one was brand new out of the box but this time I was sent a refurb.
    Problems:

1) I backed up my phone and restored it on the refurb and now I have no internet browser (which I know I can call AT&T and have it pushed to my phone or download I'm sure.)

2) My calendar alerts are all screwed up and do not work at all, I'm not getting notifications when I input them and they don't even show up on my home screen when I have it set to alert me at a set time. I rely on my appointments and reminders and am not being notified it seems as if the calendar function isn't working properly.

3) Also, can anyone speak to why it deletes all third party apps, I had a few on there like todomatrix and some others and they are now gone.

4) None of me three e-mail accounts are being forwarded to my phone anymore. They all show up on the device but no new mail is being sent, what would be the reason for that?

Any information is appreciated.
    Last edited by GotThaTech3188; 11-28-07 at 01:56 PM.
    11-28-07 01:53 PM
    1. Resend the service books...

2. Install the Calendar patch. Do a search on here for the link. I posted it a while back...

3. Hmm, explain? If a backup was done, it should have been included when you did the restore...

4. Check your account, in BIS
    11-28-07 02:35 PM
    Nav, accomplished step one and am in the process of step 2...the third thing about the backup, yes, I did a backup before I received the new device, and when I loaded up BB Desktop to restore it onto the new device I lost all my 3rd party applications, and this is the third time it has happened. It says everything is successful but I continuously lose all my third party apps and its very frustrating.

Thank you for your help and I will check on the settings today as well.
    11-29-07 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD