can't seem to find an answer to this question, so i thought i'd come to the experts. is there a way to stop dual notifications for emails (ie when i get a new gmail email, it shows up under messages AND in my email mailbox)? this seems rather redundant and somewhat frustrating.

and secondly, is there a setting so that your sent emails don't come through as messages? just trying to keep the inbox tidy.

THANKS!
    10-03-07 03:02 PM
    hmm sounds odd. So your emails show up in the email inbox and the SMS inbox as well? Are you on BIS or BES?
    10-03-07 03:42 PM
    can't seem to find an answer to this question, so i thought i'd come to the experts. is there a way to stop dual notifications for emails (ie when i get a new gmail email, it shows up under messages AND in my email mailbox)? this seems rather redundant and somewhat frustrating.
    It's going to show up under messages and under the mailbox named [email protected]. The messages is the catch all for all your e-mail accounts so you can hide your gmail mailbox.

and secondly, is there a setting so that your sent emails don't come through as messages? just trying to keep the inbox tidy.

THANKS!

If you don't want to see sent messages, go in messages, click on options and hide sent messages.
    10-03-07 03:46 PM
    thanks for the quick advice!

it's the sent emails i'm having troubles with, however. just don't want to get excited to see my phone flash and then find out it's because i sent a gmail from my laptop!
    and azeis, not sure if i'm on BES or BIS - is there a way to tell?

...sorry, have spent the day configuring programs and the like, but as a newbie am still a bit confused about the nuts and bolts of the email system. in short, is there a way where i can have my messages inbox ONLY consist of SMS texts and have my gmail ONLY consist of emails?
    10-03-07 03:52 PM
    GMail sent mail issue, answer is right here!
    10-04-07 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD