Okay, Please, I've read all the posts and people answer that aren't absolutely sure. I've had my phone for only 3 weeks and it's insurance exempt. (AT&T) See my dilemma? I dropped the phone in literally 4 inches of dog water and pulled it immediately, dried it in a towel , and pulled the battery. The phone, now an hour later, is still not working properly. The battery itself has red x's on it on a white background.. I'm not sure if that's how it was originally. I understand there may be water damage indicators internally.

What can I do?

Thanks.
    04-06-08 09:51 PM
    Yes the red xxx means that you have water damage to your phone. Kill the power and let it dry for at least 3-4 days with out turning it on. It is most likley toast but this is the only thing that you can do.
    04-06-08 09:54 PM
    crackvegas78 is right, thats the watermark for water damage. Nothing you can do as far as trying to hide it, but let it dry out and the darn thing might still work properly. Ive had a water damaged 8700 before and after a day or so all was cool again.
    04-06-08 09:59 PM
    couldnt someone just buy a new battery?
    not that i would ever do that, but im sure someone could...
    make sure you keep the battery out of it for a few days! ive dropped many phones in water, they are usually cool unless theres power to the phone
    04-06-08 10:12 PM
    This is gonna start some confusion but I must add my input. My battery has a little sticker on it with a white background and 3 red Xs on it. But it certainly doesn't have any water damage.
    04-06-08 10:16 PM
    when your battery is pink thats when you have water damage...when it has a red line with a white background thats normal
    04-06-08 10:18 PM
    Yeah, I have the sticker with the 3 red x's & my BB's been working fine.. Of course, I got scared about it too, lol.
    04-06-08 10:19 PM
    correct 3 red x's on battery is the way they are supposed to be.
    04-06-08 10:20 PM
    Ya my battery has 3 Xs too and my phone's never's been near a drop of water.....
    04-07-08 02:58 AM
    When the indicator on the battery is smuged or pink, thats when its an issue. a red line, or red x's is how its supposed to be.

If you remove the battery cover, and look by the opening near the SIM card, you should see a small WHITE square. If its red or pink, you have a problem.
    04-07-08 03:07 AM
    my battery has 3 red xs and i have never drop it in water
    04-07-08 03:39 AM
    I agree. My batt has those red Xs but the tiny sticker on top of the sim card holder is pure as white and my phone has never been close to water. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 03:41 AM
    My first Curve had lines on the battery, my current one (given by AT&T store during my 30 day trial period after I fried my first one while d!cking with the OS) has the 3 x's. No water ever.
    04-07-08 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD