| | 09-10-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Author #1
Recovering Your Dead/Nuked BlackBerry (after all other methods have failed)
If you have a dead BB, here is a foolproof method I found while searching for solution for my own nuked BB.
- Blank/Black Screen
- The LED comes on for a few seconds upon connection
- The LED flashes upon connection
- No LED activity (this might point to a hardware problem)
- The "No Battery" sign comes on the screen when you connect the BB with it's battery out (Battery symbol with a red slash through it)
- The Loader fails at the "Reconnecting to JVM" process
- You receive the "Multi Stage Loading Operation Failed" error
Things I'd already tried:
- Wiping with JL_cmder (refused to connect)
- Attempting to wipe with BBSAK (again refused to connect)
- Reloading OS with BDM (failed)
- Reloading OS with Loader.exe (Reconnecnting to JVM loop)
- Wiping with MFI (refused to connect)
- Starting loader from CMD with /nojvm (nothing happened)
Before you start you should have:
- Blackberry Desktop Software installed (hereby will be refered to as BDM)
- The Loader for the OS of your choice installed
1.Remove the battery from your nuked BB
2. Open up BDM, make sure you have the loader for the OS of your choice installed.
3.Connect your BB through USB, the No Battery screen should come up
4. At the same time, an error should be displayed on BDM, something like: "Failed to communicate with your device"
5. Hit the "Update" button
6. It'll go through a few steps like asking your email etc.
7. When it says "Waiting for Device Initialization", pop back in your battery.
8. In the last 3 times I tried, the device went to 507 error screen on the first attempt, if the 507 error screen doesn't come then you'll have to repeat the process. (Steps 1-8)
9. Now depending upon the state of the device, the loader might successfully reload the OS or might say "The loading operation failed", to be safe as soon as you see the 507 error screen, disconnect the BB from your PC.
10. Kill all processes related to RIM, including Loader.exe using Task Manger.
11. Wipe you device using JL_cmder (I've had trouble using BBSAK).
12. Start up loader.exe from the AppLoader folder (Don't use BDM).
13. Connect your BB to your PC(with battery IN)
14. The loader should complete without a major problem. Don't panic if it takes a LONG time to boot, it should take around 30 minutes.
15. Proceed to restore settings etc.
Hope it worked! Please reply so that I guage the success of this fix. Feel free to PM with questions etc...
Please Note: I have successfully restored my BB Curve 8320 many times...use this method at your risk!