Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. JohnBB101's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Recovering Your Dead/Nuked BlackBerry (after all other methods have failed)

    If you have a dead BB, here is a foolproof method I found while searching for solution for my own nuked BB.

    Problems Encountered:
    • Blank/Black Screen
    • The LED comes on for a few seconds upon connection
    • The LED flashes upon connection
    • No LED activity (this might point to a hardware problem)
    • The "No Battery" sign comes on the screen when you connect the BB with it's battery out (Battery symbol with a red slash through it)
    • The Loader fails at the "Reconnecting to JVM" process
    • You receive the "Multi Stage Loading Operation Failed" error


    Things I'd already tried:
    • Wiping with JL_cmder (refused to connect)
    • Attempting to wipe with BBSAK (again refused to connect)
    • Reloading OS with BDM (failed)
    • Reloading OS with Loader.exe (Reconnecnting to JVM loop)
    • Wiping with MFI (refused to connect)
    • Starting loader from CMD with /nojvm (nothing happened)


    Before you start you should have:
    • Blackberry Desktop Software installed (hereby will be refered to as BDM)
    • The Loader for the OS of your choice installed
    • JL_cmder


    Steps:
    1.Remove the battery from your nuked BB

    2. Open up BDM, make sure you have the loader for the OS of your choice installed.

    3.Connect your BB through USB, the No Battery screen should come up

    4. At the same time, an error should be displayed on BDM, something like: "Failed to communicate with your device"

    5. Hit the "Update" button

    6. It'll go through a few steps like asking your email etc.

    7. When it says "Waiting for Device Initialization", pop back in your battery.

    8. In the last 3 times I tried, the device went to 507 error screen on the first attempt, if the 507 error screen doesn't come then you'll have to repeat the process. (Steps 1-8)

    9. Now depending upon the state of the device, the loader might successfully reload the OS or might say "The loading operation failed", to be safe as soon as you see the 507 error screen, disconnect the BB from your PC.

    10. Kill all processes related to RIM, including Loader.exe using Task Manger.

    11. Wipe you device using JL_cmder (I've had trouble using BBSAK).

    12. Start up loader.exe from the AppLoader folder (Don't use BDM).

    13. Connect your BB to your PC(with battery IN)

    14. The loader should complete without a major problem. Don't panic if it takes a LONG time to boot, it should take around 30 minutes.

    15. Proceed to restore settings etc.

    Hope it worked! Please reply so that I guage the success of this fix. Feel free to PM with questions etc...

    Please Note: I have successfully restored my BB Curve 8320 many times...use this method at your risk!
  2. Polimorphin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I tried step 8 six times, but can`t get the 507 error screen. (pearl 9105)
  3. perrylynx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #3  

    Default perrylynx

    hey i tried your solution for bb 9900 several times didn't work. so i took my phone for repair at engineering. they ran a software update and it failed at reconnecting to jvm. so the disassembled the phone and serviced it (cleaned it with some stuff and heated it). then reconnect to the system. you should get a 513 error screen from there you are home free
    crackberry will take it from there
  4. lengend's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,098 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,115 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    if i can't connect mine i just keep ending rim processes till it works
  5. JohnBB101's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by perrylynx View Post
    hey i tried your solution for bb 9900 several times didn't work. so i took my phone for repair at engineering. they ran a software update and it failed at reconnecting to jvm. so the disassembled the phone and serviced it (cleaned it with some stuff and heated it). then reconnect to the system. you should get a 513 error screen from there you are home free
    crackberry will take it from there
    Just to clarify, this fix doesn't fix any hardware problems, the fact that they disassembled your phone points to a hardware problem...Glad it worked out though
  6. belebek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    help please .. 9800 blank screen with a blinking red LED.
    how to backup contacts and bbm?
    I have never had any previous backup ..

    Thank you.
  7. belebek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Recovering Your Dead/Nuked BlackBerry (after all other methods have failed)-9800.jpg
    help please .. 9800 blank screen with a blinking red LED.
    how to backup contacts and bbm?
    I have never had any previous backup ..

    Thank you.
  8. Andina Fikri's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    same with me,so r u have fix that problem? tell me how to solve that problem..
    thankkyou
  9. Andina Fikri's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    same with me,so r u have fix that problem? tell me how to solve that problem..
    thankkyou
  10. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default Re: Recovering Your Dead/Nuked BlackBerry (after all other methods have failed)

    Another thread that claims to be an alternative to all other brick/nuke fixes. Yet it doesn't work.... irony


    If you can't connect to JVM - she's toasted
  11. markajohn250's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Tried this, but i can only get so far then it doesnt recognize any of the OS that i have downloaded ?
  12. Frank Clarke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #12  

    Default Works for my Blackberry curve

    Worked for my Curve twice.
    Takes a few tries, I don't have to disconnect after the 513 error screen.
    Thanks!
  13. crizuztumz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #13  

    Default Pls Help....

    Ive tried all the methods using loader.exe, JL_cmder etc... but still no hope..
    The problem is if i connect my BB to my laptop , nothing is showing on the screen, no battery icon, no warning sign, only black screen, its totally dead and only recognize`s it in a very short period of time. 5 secs. red light on, 5 secs. red light off... So how can i update the OS properly?

    I have BB curve 9220

    TNX!
  14. JohnBB101's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    I apologize for my absence, my Blackberry exhaled for the last time a couple months ago (blew the power supply on the Motherboard...) and I lost track of Crackberry and my threads in general.

    I'm going to reiterate my first post: this fix isn't for hardware problems. If the "No Battery" doesn't appear, in all probability you have a hardware problem and this fix will do you no good. If you have an older model, you effectively have a QWERTY paperweight. For those of you with newer models, I highly recommend you take them to your Blackberry Service center and get it exchanged.

    This is me wrapping up my Crackberry allegiance (shifted to Android ), feel free to PM me, I'll try me best to respond. Thank You!
  15. Emmanuel Towers Mdaka's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    when you try step 8...make sure the battery is inserted. it worked for me
  16. Emmanuel Towers Mdaka's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Navigate to c:\program files x(86)\common files\research in motion\apploader

    1.Delete vendor.xml,
    2.connect bb without battery inserted,
    3.run loader.exe in elevated mode(administrator),
    4.when JVL reconnects insert battery, an error will appear after JVL finishes trying to connect about a minute later,
    5. remove battery and run step 1-4.
    6. run steps 1-3,
    7. then insert battery before clicking next to installing the the blackberry softwares and applications on loader.
    8. Blackberry will then start installing...lay back and have coffee,it'll install everything. :-)

    WORKED FOR ME ON 9810 Torch...
  17. Craigash's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    317 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBB101 View Post
    If you have a dead BB, here is a foolproof method I found while searching for solution for my own nuked BB.

    Problems Encountered:
    • Blank/Black Screen
    • The LED comes on for a few seconds upon connection
    • The LED flashes upon connection
    • No LED activity (this might point to a hardware problem)
    • The "No Battery" sign comes on the screen when you connect the BB with it's battery out (Battery symbol with a red slash through it)
    • The Loader fails at the "Reconnecting to JVM" process
    • You receive the "Multi Stage Loading Operation Failed" error


    Things I'd already tried:
    • Wiping with JL_cmder (refused to connect)
    • Attempting to wipe with BBSAK (again refused to connect)
    • Reloading OS with BDM (failed)
    • Reloading OS with Loader.exe (Reconnecnting to JVM loop)
    • Wiping with MFI (refused to connect)
    • Starting loader from CMD with /nojvm (nothing happened)


    Before you start you should have:
    • Blackberry Desktop Software installed (hereby will be refered to as BDM)
    • The Loader for the OS of your choice installed
    • JL_cmder


    Steps:
    1.Remove the battery from your nuked BB

    2. Open up BDM, make sure you have the loader for the OS of your choice installed.

    3.Connect your BB through USB, the No Battery screen should come up

    4. At the same time, an error should be displayed on BDM, something like: "Failed to communicate with your device"

    5. Hit the "Update" button

    6. It'll go through a few steps like asking your email etc.

    7. When it says "Waiting for Device Initialization", pop back in your battery.

    8. In the last 3 times I tried, the device went to 507 error screen on the first attempt, if the 507 error screen doesn't come then you'll have to repeat the process. (Steps 1-8)

    9. Now depending upon the state of the device, the loader might successfully reload the OS or might say "The loading operation failed", to be safe as soon as you see the 507 error screen, disconnect the BB from your PC.

    10. Kill all processes related to RIM, including Loader.exe using Task Manger.

    11. Wipe you device using JL_cmder (I've had trouble using BBSAK).

    12. Start up loader.exe from the AppLoader folder (Don't use BDM).

    13. Connect your BB to your PC(with battery IN)

    14. The loader should complete without a major problem. Don't panic if it takes a LONG time to boot, it should take around 30 minutes.

    15. Proceed to restore settings etc.

    Hope it worked! Please reply so that I guage the success of this fix. Feel free to PM with questions etc...

    Please Note: I have successfully restored my BB Curve 8320 many times...use this method at your risk!
    On the OS7.1 or older Devices I have had I nuked my phone at least every 6 months on purpose. Just to clear the cap out and start new.

    When it's nuked. All you have to do is. Turn the phone on, open Desktop Manager and Plug it in. You then get a meeting saying can.not connect to Device, it will give you 3 options, Retry - Update - Close. Click Update to re-install the software.

    Posted via CB10
  18. Jaguar M Saseni's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    hi my blackberry Bold 9900 it just show me blank screen and bettery with a cross on it.
  19. JohnBB101's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar M Saseni View Post
    hi my blackberry Bold 9900 it just show me blank screen and bettery with a cross on it.
    Hey Jag,

    In a way that's good, it means you hardware is fine and only the software has gotten mixed up, just follow the instructions in the first post and you should be fine...
  20. Stixxnstones's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Hey John,

    This process worked...unbelievable!! I didn't even get past step 7 and the phone recovered. I tried everything, BBSAK wipe, JL_cmdr wipe where I had to rename "CHOICE" file to work on a 64 bit system running commander file in compatibility mode. completely removing BDM including reg keys and folders...none of that worked. I was going to send the phone back and thought I would give your steps one try and see were it goes!! AMAZING!! Who would've thought a no battery install??? Your steps were priceless as I spent an entire weekend messing with this phone with no results. I felt totally dejected but you have redeemed my ego!! LOL Great post and am so glad it worked!! Thanks John...CHEERS!
  21. Geekerz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Hello, I received a phone, they said that it didn't receive any physical damage *water, drops, spills etc* basically all it does is give me a blank screen and the LED blinks a few times. Doesn't seem to connect to the computer either, I've tried removing the battery, that didn't really change anything. Is it toast? I should also note the battery is new.
  22. usman_hidayat19's Avatar

    Posts
    5,305 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,306 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:2AF5A1B8
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mscooley View Post
    Give this a shot.

    To recover the BlackBerry 10 smartphone complete the following steps:



    �� 1. Shutdown BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software if installed).

    �� 2. Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.

    �� 3. Using Internet Explorer navigate to http://www.BlackBerry.com/updates, scroll down the page and select the� Check for Updates button.

    �� 4. Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.

    ���5. Hold the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on. A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up as red (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) ? both are normal/fine). Click the OK Button as soon as it becomes enabled. NOTE: there is only 15 seconds to do this.



    ����� Note: Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates.

    �� 6. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green. Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered.



    ???Note: If neither BlackBerry Link nor BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed please start at Step 2.



    Posted via CB10


    Posted via CB10
  23. KristelPippi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    I can't even get the No Battery screen... when I plug the phone in, all I get is the red flashing light. One long flash and three short flashes. Nothing else.
  24. Fayzul Omar's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    It happens to me 1 week after updating to 10.2. All my contacts suddenly disappeared, so I decided to restart hoping the problem would resolve. But my Z10 stuck at the 'blackberry' screen. I tried all sorts of solutions provided in crackberry and finally fix the phone by removing the battery and connect it to laptop via USB cable. And then use leak autoloader to update my phone to 10.2.1. The autoloader found my brick Z10 and automatically updated it. Walla...problem solve.

    Posted From My Z10 STL100-1
  25. jason bullough's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I had a no booting 9860 torch issue, and no amount of OS repair, factory resetting, wiping, using JL_Commander, BBSAK or BBDM features would recover my Torch 9860 until I came across this thread;

    NUKE, WIPE, NAL and OS all in one script - GSM-Forum

    I believe the difference with this all in one script is the small exe that actually formats the device sector by sector - it even wipes any stored pins from the device - thoroughly cleaning the ram out rather than just deleting apps and re-stamping the OS.

    I used options 2,3,4 and 6 as I could not lcoate the nal.exe file for the 9860, and after using this program, I then re-installed my OS to the phone using the loader.exe, but I am sure at this point, the BBDM repair options would have worked aswell. You probably only need options 2,3 and 4 really as the OS load can be done with loader.exe or BBDM

    After a succesful rebuild, the phone takes a long time to boot (about 10 minutes - no joke) but it does eventually boot (you do see the white bar move V E R Y S L O W L Y after where it normally gets stuck)

    Hope it helps some others out with the same issue.
    Jason
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions