I am a first time poster. Need serious help. My old desktop crashed 2 months ago and wasn't able to backup my data on my new Tour from Nov 3 on. Went to Verizon store with my old Blackberry and my tour I purchased in Nov. requesting their rep transfer some info. Instead he transferred all the old data from the old unit to the new Tour, wiping out almost everything from Nov 3 on. There is a memory card in the new unit.

Verizon Wireless and Research in Motion tell me the data is not recoverable. Is the data permanently gone or recoverable and if so, how? Thanks for any help.
    01-13-10 09:56 AM
    If you still have the hard drive from that computer, there is a good chance your data can be recovered. The vast majority of the time, it will be a software error, the simplest recourse is to re-format and re-install the desktop software.

Assuming the drive is still intact, connect it to a working computer with the jumper set to Slave. When you start the computer, you should be able to manage the drive with the file manager and recover the most current backup.

If you do, be aware it too will over write the BlackBerry data, loosing data accumulated since that date. Make a backup first.
    01-13-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD