So because I actually have a life and don't look for apps unless I actually need one to perform a function, I missed the now-months-ago shutdown of the app store and apparently all the activation codes stored on my account went kaput. Thanks for nothing, Mobihand! Is there someone I can harass to get them back or am I just screwed?
    12-15-12 12:27 PM
    AFAIK, your activation code should still be valid for the device PIN # it was provided for.
    You didn't save it anywhere?
    12-15-12 12:48 PM
    You can try contacting developers directly. Many of them are willing to help out however they can.
    12-15-12 12:55 PM
    AFAIK, your activation code should still be valid for the device PIN # it was provided for.
    You didn't save it anywhere?
    The codes? No. Accounts don't normally disappear and services don't normally shut down without a warning email to say "HEY, gank your stuff before we close up shop on Date X." No email from Mobihand OR Crackberry, just one lousy news post mentioning a vague "next few days" to log in and save your info. Load of horse**** if you ask me.
    12-15-12 01:04 PM
    You can try contacting developers directly. Many of them are willing to help out however they can.
    I have sent a few emails, but my prior experience with developer support has been poor. Maybe I will be surprised this time.
    12-15-12 01:05 PM
    You should have saved your activation codes. Thanks for being an example for others of what not to do.
    12-15-12 01:16 PM
    Pardon me to expect to get what I paid for.
    12-15-12 01:20 PM
    You had your activation codes, it was perfectly possible for you to keep what you paid for.
    12-15-12 01:24 PM
    You had your activation codes, it was perfectly possible for you to keep what you paid for.
    Yes, I had my information: stored on one of the largest BB centric sites running one of the largest app store infrastructures. That infrastructure completely disappeared within a window of a few days and neither one of them bothered to contact customers. I got half a dozen emails from fracking Friendster before it shut down and I never paid Friendster a dime.
    12-15-12 01:33 PM
    How does any of that keep you from storing your own information on your PC or memory card? The world is supposed to all be like Friendster? How is Mobihand or CrackBerry responsible for your scatterbrainness?
    12-15-12 01:37 PM
    Do you have anything useful to say or are you just bored? Because you are boring me. As I mentioned in the OP, I have better things to do than fiddle with my phone all day long. If this can't be fixed I am dropping it and moving on. Why don't you go have a drink?
    12-15-12 01:45 PM
    Actually I apparently made a full backup file shortly after I got the phone. It doesn't have the more recently installed apps but most of them should be there. So why don't you go suck on that tequila bottle; I'm sure it finds your repartee irresistably charming.
    12-15-12 01:49 PM
    As you wish.

Moral for the class: Backup your third party apps and save your activation codes, and then you won't be a victim of a closed app portal.
    12-15-12 01:58 PM
    i have lots of licenses that i haven't sell (activated) yet, i bought them in quantities for resell price and now they are gone without any email notifications to me and others i think.... is there any chance that i can contact them to refund the money or transfer them to developers directly? such a shame it has to be done in this matters, i always belief that mobihand is a good place to invest and selling apps ...
    12-21-12 08:53 PM
    As you wish.

Moral for the class: Backup your third party apps and save your activation codes, and then you won't be a victim of a closed app portal.
    Are you always like this or only when you've had too much tequila?
    12-21-12 09:11 PM
    Are you always like this or only when you've had too much tequila?
    Why do you care?
    12-21-12 09:50 PM
    i have a lot of licenses that i bought and have not been activated yet, i bought it for re-sell purpose, now they are all gone, is there a way that i can get my bought apps back? maybe thru the apps maker or mobihand still support to customers even the main web is closed?
    01-01-13 12:05 PM
    i have a lot of licenses that i bought and have not been activated yet, i bought it for re-sell purpose, now they are all gone, is there a way that i can get my bought apps back? maybe thru the apps maker or mobihand still support to customers even the main web is closed?
    You posted this same issue late last year.
    MobiHand is closed and shut down. There is no recourse from them currently. At all.
    However, have you taken the time to contact the developers of these applications to see if they can assist you?
    If so, what responses have you received?
    If not, why haven't you taken the personal initiative to do so as a MOD recommended previously?
    You may receive favorable responses... Most developers are willing and happy to help knowing what transpired with MobiHand customers.
    But, you will not get the help you are requesting unless you attempt to do something yourself.
    I'm sorry, but no one else can do this for you...
    01-01-13 12:46 PM
    Just contact the developers directly. My 9930 had issues right before Christmas and I received a new one from Verizon last week. Every single developer I contacted has replied and helped me with the apps that were purchased thru the Mobihand store. Almost every developer is a stand up person and will help but you have to contact them first.
    01-01-13 01:53 PM
    Because customers have not been properly notified of MobiHand shut-down, I, as a developer, receive about 50 (fifty!) emails per day from customers asking about their accounts or their codes. It has been six months since MobiHand filed for bankruptcy and still there are TOO many customers who are unaware of the situation. Some of them even try to blame developers who already suffered much. We, unpaid developers, still have too much email correspondence with users.
    03-13-13 02:03 AM