I had the Bold 9000 for 2 years. My wife talked me into getting an iPhone and I don't like it. I liked my Bold 9000 except for two issues: both the camera and the internet performance were horrible.

I run a business partially from my phone and I can�t live without the red LED light, the instant email notifications or the calendar / reminders which iPhone doesn�t deliver. The iPhone�s vibrating alerts are pretty weak too. The actual keyboard on the Bold was a great bonus as well.

If I could get a Bold 9000 that had a decent camera and better internet performance I would be in heaven. What can you recommend?
    04-18-11 08:44 AM
    bold touch
    thats ur phone : )

edit: oh ur new, so u probably dont know about it yet
    to put simply, it has the same physical keyboard as the bold 9000, maybe even a bit better, it has a 2,8inch screen (touchscreen !)
    so u've got a physical keyboard+touchscreen, pretty sweet

it will support 14,4hsdpa or w/e its called, faster internet in general, it has a 5mp camera, a trackpad instead of a trackball, which is obviously a plus as well, 1,2ghz processor, and its the thinnest blackberry yet, 10,5mm i believe oo...768 ram and it comes with OS 6.1, which in general will be much better, for all the new 6.1 features, check this out:

2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap Explained in Detail | CrackBerry.com

for more info+pics+a short video

Live Photos of the BlackBerry Bold Touch (montana) Emerge! | CrackBerry.com
    More BlackBerry 9900 Pictures Side by Side With Current Devices - BerryReview
    http://n4bb.com/5819/blackberry-bold...hands-on-video
    BlackBerry Bold Touch Dakota full spec sheet leaked | CrackBerry.com

and a looooot more : )

GSM version will hopefully be out in about 2-3 months, CDMA probably 2-3 months later
    Last edited by Seijuro; 04-18-11 at 09:04 AM.
    04-18-11 08:53 AM
    Sounds like a 3G/4G version of the Playbook would be an ideal device for business use. There will also be a bluetooth physical keyboard and mouse in the works. Pair that with a new BB phone and it would meet whatever your needs might be. With a BB phone, even the wi-fi version would be great.
    04-18-11 08:57 AM
    bold touch
    thats ur phone : )

edit: oh ur new, so u probably dont know about it yet
    to put simply, it has the same physical keyboard as the bold 9000, maybe even a bit better, it has a 2,8inch screen (touchscreen !)
    so u've got a physical keyboard+touchscreen, pretty sweet

it will support 14,4hsdpa or w/e its called, faster internet in general, it has a 5mp camera, a trackpad instead of a trackball, which is obviously a plus as well, 1,2ghz processor, and its the thinnest blackberry yet, 10,5mm i believe oo...768 ram and it comes with OS 6.1, which in general will be much better, for all the new 6.1 features, check this out:

2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap Explained in Detail | CrackBerry.com

for more info+pics+a short video

Live Photos of the BlackBerry Bold Touch (montana) Emerge! | CrackBerry.com
    More BlackBerry 9900 Pictures Side by Side With Current Devices - BerryReview
    http://n4bb.com/5819/blackberry-bold...hands-on-video
    BlackBerry Bold Touch Dakota full spec sheet leaked | CrackBerry.com

and a looooot more : )

GSM version will hopefully be out in about 2-3 months, CDMA probably 2-3 months later

the bold touch 9900 is the way to go. i have a torch (and love it) and my girlfriend has the bold 9000. i still enjoy holding her phone from time to time as it seems to have the best keyboard, and overall feel i have had in a blackberry... Torch is great, but if you can wait, i'd say the 9900
    04-18-11 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD