I just got my Pearl today, and I read in the booklet that you have to make sure to charge the battery all the way before turning on the phone. I had a friend not do this with another phone, and it would never hold a charge for long because of it. Well, I stuck in the battery and immediately plugged it in, but I think the BB turned it self on as soon as I plugged it in, because when I went back to it an hour later it was already on. Is this normal? After about an hour using it (Internet, camera, changing settings, etc.), it is already showing 3/4 battery. Does that sound right? I really hope I did not **** my battery.
    11-25-08 08:14 PM
    I seriously doubt you hurt your battery. I always charge mine with it on, because I never turn mine off. The Li-ion batteries in BlackBerries don't need to be fully discharged before recharging, and in fact can be harmed by too many complete discharges. So it's best to recharge it every night.
    11-25-08 11:25 PM
    Jeff's right. With all the phones I've had my BB is the only one not negatively affected by a constant charge...
    11-27-08 12:39 AM
    The Pearl boots up as soon as the battery is inserted if it has any charge what-so-ever in it. I have two batteries you can pick up a spare off eBay for anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks....I have 3 and a dock that charges the phone and a spare battery at the same time....I am also looking into a Bluetooth fold out keyboard for when I travel and need to rest my thumb LOL.
    Seriously i doubt you hurt your Berry....Sometimes my batt lasts all day and sometimes I am charging or swapping by lunch. depends on how many apps and stuff you run in the background....
    This helped my battery life alot I found a thread on apps you can delete and not hurt the phone so I freed up alot of memory like I average 19MB instead of the 12 to 13MB I ran before. Batteries last all day now.
    11-27-08 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD