Frequent rebooting problem with Blackberry:

Hello my fellow sufferers, here I am going to give you guys a solution for this problem which might work.

I have been annoyed by frequent rebooting problem with my Blackberry since last 3 months. Earlier I went to service center and they kept my phone for 2 days, gave it back to me after software updation. But the problem of frequent rebooting didn't solve.

I again went to local service center and this time they�d sent my phone to blackberry service center Bangalore. It came after 20 days. It seems that my earlier phone had been replaced by new phone (since my older phone was having lots of scratches all over its body and screen too). Now I was happier to have new phone. But as soon as I started using it (after restoring the backup from desktop software) the rebooting problem started again.

So now I went for my own diagnosis to find out the remedial of this problem (by d way I am an engineer  ). I tried each and every combination to find out the root cause.
    -----------I used my phone in following individual states to know in which condition the problem occurs.
    1. Keeping memory card out
    2. deleting all third party application
    3. keeping my phone in charging condition
    4. Switching off the data service, etc.
    5. Log out of all social networking apps.

What I observed that rebooting problem didn�t occur during phone in charging condition, Facebook log out condition and data service off condition. I have also referred all the forums here regarding this problem. Some of them had suggested few things like keeping paper beneath battery, and data service in 2G mode, etc. I have tried several combinations and finally my rebooting problem seems to be solved. However it is not completely wiped out but frequency is certainly reduced from 50 times a day to 1 or 2 times per 3 days.

So here is the combination I�ve tried.

1. Delete the Facebook application preinstalled in your phone
    2. Delete all event logs. Press Alt + LGLG. Clear the log, uncheck all values in option and save it
    3. Keep a paper beneath battery to hold it strongly.
    4. Reinstall the Facebook from blackberry world.

Please try out these things and let me know whether your problem is solved or not.

But certainly it is the failure of Blackberry that even after huge complains they are to come out with the solution of frequent rebooting. I would never recommend any one to buy blackberry. Useless phone, and useless service.
    07-12-13 05:13 AM
    I created a new thread for you since you posted in a very old thread. This will give you more view, and more answers.

...welcome to CrackBerry. Someone will be along shortly to provide more insight. But, I do suggest that you advise the model number of your device, etc.
    07-12-13 07:13 AM