NOTE: This thread is only for positive replies.

There seems to be many threads with negative sentiment so I thought I would post my reasons to be hopeful for BlackBerry. I invite others to share their thoughts.

1) Sales and revenue were higher than last quarter. Higher is better than lower!

2) Sales increased in every region

3) Most of the BB10 sales this quarter were Z10. If you really think about it, BlackBerry is not known for touchscreen devices. So for them to even sell that many touch devices is quite impressive. If you think back to the Curve Touch and Torch Touch (not slider), they barely sold any of those devices.

4) According to Kevin O'Leary who went to the largest Verizon store in NYC, he was told the Z10 barely had any sales at the store when it went on sale. However, he was told that the Q10 was flying off the shelf, and that sales were on par with other top selling newly released devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S4.

5) Cash increased to $3.1 billion which gives the company plenty of funds for marketing, R&D, etc and keep operating. Remember that many articles written about BlackBerry paint a picture of a company on death row. Meanwhile, they have more cash in reserve than they've had in the last several years.

Now add yours
    07-01-13 01:19 PM
    Positively hysterical.
    Who is Kevin O'Leary?
    07-01-13 01:22 PM
    It also shows them that they need to push harder. It's not an easy fight, but it's going to be a long one.
    07-01-13 01:23 PM
    Positively hysterical.
    Who is Kevin O'Leary?
    A very respected, rich and smart man.

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-01-13 01:24 PM
    Another reason to be hopeful is most of the blame is being directed at marketing, and not the product itself...
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-01-13 01:25 PM
    A very respected, rich and smart man.

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    Sorry - never heard of him. I looked him up. Good thing that he is prowling around Verizon stores in NYC.
    That can certainly stir up more rumours of outstanding Q2 sales.
    07-01-13 01:29 PM
    Just love my Q10 period
    Woo!!!!

Posted via Q10RR
    07-01-13 01:31 PM
    Another reason to be hopeful is most of the blame is being directed at marketing, and not the product itself...
    Too true. I've shown off my BB10's to people at work who like them but never even knew they existed.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 01:32 PM
    Things go down before they go up . Not sure why people were surprised about any of the news.

But yeah, if you play the markets long enough - this is just another day . I've worked at plenty of tech companies - its much less impactful than it looks.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Toodeurep likes this.
    07-01-13 02:20 PM
    Fab phones!! Love my Z10 and my Q10 (work). Staying Blackberry all the way!

Proud owner of Z10, Q10 and 32 g Playbook
    07-01-13 06:26 PM
    Best OS. Most stable, fluid communication through more channels. Better games and multimedia. Awesome in-car experience.

All they need to do is let the world know about it. The competition knows this. BlackBerry will figure it out eventually.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:36 PM
    Sorry - never heard of him. I looked him up. Good thing that he is prowling around Verizon stores in NYC.
    I'm sure he could give a f*** what you think.

(That's positive, right? )

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:37 PM
    Not surprising, Canadian celebrities ! = American celebrites.
    Kevin OLeary is quite well known here, on business news all the time, kind of abrasive. I'm sure there's an American equivalent.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:42 PM
    Not surprising, Canadian celebrities ! = American celebrites.
    Kevin OLeary is quite well known here, on business news all the time, kind of abrasive. I'm sure there's an American equivalent.

Posted via CB10
    He hosts a popular American show called *Shark Tank*. That's how I know him.

I don't know a lot of 9 or ten figure net worth people. Doesn't mean I'm about to disparage them for their choice of phone. Not to be a negative Nelly but... pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:56 PM
    He hosts a popular American show called *Shark Tank*. That's how I know him.

I don't know a lot of 9 or ten figure net worth people. Doesn't mean I'm about to disparage them for their choice of phone. Not to be a negative Nelly but... pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, he hosts Dragon's Den as well; the Canadian precursor to Shark Tank.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:19 PM
    For a little perspective, Apple took 3 quarters before the Iphone sales hit 2.3 million (per quarter) when it was released!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:26 PM
    For a little perspective, Apple took 3 quarters before the Iphone sales hit 2.3 million (per quarter) when it was released!

Posted via CB10
    And what year was that and what percentage of smartphones user back then compared to now?
    07-01-13 07:32 PM
    Thanks for the positive thread. Nice to read. I'm definitely guilty of posting anger in the past few days. I think they can still turn it around, but if they don't market to represent the current times ASAP, it's game over. That's it, I'm done.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:39 PM
    If BBRY's revenue is up but they are operating at a loss, it means that they are spending for something that they don't need. Obviously what they are doing is right but they spent too much on it. It might be marketing but who knows. Heck, they could be paying Alicia Keys too much (if that is part of their marketing budget). We won't know unless we take a peek at their financial statements. If it's anything, at least increased revenues is a sign that they have placed some kind of foothold on the market, how ever gray that area might be. They just need to figure out how to minimize their spending.
    07-01-13 07:43 PM
    Positively hysterical.
    Who is Kevin O'Leary?
    Mrs O'Leary's wee boy.
    07-01-13 07:54 PM
    Things can't get any worse!

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    07-01-13 08:20 PM
    Despite what happened on the weekend, I do think that there is still a chance for a turn around, but it will take plenty of hard work. BlackBerry as a company has to take their customers most seriously. They have to take their competition and the promotion of their BB10 devices more seriously as well.

It's encouraging that there was an increase in BB10 units shipped, but they still have to work on their sales numbers and their marketing. I do feel that with the right attitude, BlackBerry can do a lot better than it is doing now. There is still hope.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-01-13 08:39 PM
    One reason for Blackberry (the company) to be hopeful is that, despite all their mistakes and screw-ups over the last 4-5 years, they still have a few million fans who care about and support the brand. That may not be enough to save the company, but it is something that can be built on if Blackberry uses smart tactics and strategies and avoids major mistakes over the next 6-12 months.
    Last edited by CHIP72; 07-01-13 at 11:26 PM.
    07-01-13 09:02 PM
    Cash increasing is a good sign. The loss could simply be taking charges or accruals or reserves based on timing. Cash is king! Cash will get them through a ramp in the market, which hopefully happens. I personally am done with BB and their promises undelivered, but I do hope they prove me wrong and turn things around in the market and in terms of financials.
    07-01-13 09:11 PM