Their problem, and i agree with you, is that even if they DOUBLE or triple sales it won't be enough. The market is growing exponentially and they aren't. Sad to see, but I can't see another avenue for them apart from privatisation and eventual break up.
    I have no idea what will happen, so I've just resigned myself to wait and see. Really, I think it's only one of a couple choices

1. They get bought. And depending on who buys them, the outcome could vary pretty wildly. Plus, amidst all the doom and gloom, it's sometimes easy to forget that this is still a massive, multi-billion dollar company. Someone with deep pockets necessary. Might have to be multiple buyers, which means a split up.

2. They get a big strategic investment from someone like Microsoft. But again, depending on who it is, the outcome could be pretty wild. In the Microsoft scenario, pretty sure it would be the end of BlackBerry 10, and the start of BES and BBM supporting Windows Phone with a lot of BlackBerry handsets now running Windows Phone. If Microsoft were into it.

3. They go private. Again, depends on who takes them private and what they want to do with the assets. Could be a cash cow scenario for a while, then a launch of a new business. Or a break apart. I struggle with this one because BlackBerry has so many corporate customers that no longer have visibility into the financial health of the company. Could make holding onto corporate customers that much worse.

4. They fight along until BlackBerry 11 and it's surprisingly killer
    . Would be such a painful path to get there even if they have something in the hopper we don't know about.

5. They downsize to a very specific, much smaller form.
    They were a 5000 person company once. Perhaps they could be again? But that would probably mean a pretty radical departure from what they are trying to do now.

6. they run out of money and fold. Not thinking this one is anywhere close to happening in the next couple of years. I've been in companies in much worse financial shape that are still in business today.

I have no idea how it would go. Just gotta wait and see I guess.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 08-28-13 at 10:33 PM.
    08-28-13 09:18 PM
    I have no idea what will happen, so I've just resigned myself to wait and see. Really, I think it's only one of a couple choices

1. They get bought. And depending on who buys them, the outcome could vary pretty wildly. Plus, amidst all the doom and gloom, it's sometimes easy to forget that this is still a massive, multi-billion dollar company. Someone with deep pockets necessary. Might have to be multiple buyers, which means a split up.

2. They get a big strategic investment from someone like Microsoft. But again, depending on who it is, the outcome could be pretty wild. In the Microsoft scenario, pretty sure it would be the end of BlackBerry 10, and the start of BES and BBM supporting Windows Phone with a lot of BlackBerry handsets now running Windows Phone. If Microsoft were into it.

3. They go private. Again, depends on who takes them private and what they want to do with the assets. Could be a cash cow scenario for a while, then a launch of a new business. Or a break apart. I struggle with this one because BlackBerry has so many corporate customers that no longer have visibility into the financial health of the company. Could make holding onto corporate customers that much worse.

4. They fight along until BlackBerry 11 and it's surprisingly killer. Would be such a painful path to get there even if they have something in the hopper we don't know about.

5. They downsize to a very specific, much smaller form. They were a 5000 person company once. Perhaps they could be again? But that would probably mean a pretty radical departure from what they are trying to do now.

6. they run out of money and fold. Not thinking this one is anywhere close to happening in the next couple of years. I've been in companies in much worse financial shape that are still in business today.

I have no idea how it would go. Just gotta wait and see I guess.
    I think you're spot on with all the possible scenarios. I'm hoping that #4 ends up being the reality, but I realize that it's somewhat of a long shot. Then again, who really knows just what BlackBerry has planned besides those within the company.

One thing I think BlackBerry needs to do is stop taking about mobile computing and start demonstrating it. Instead of looking for partnerships in mobility they should be looking into leveraging BlackBerry 10 into appliances and vehicles.

We BlackBerry fans are used to having to wait, no matter how painful it may be. If survived the delay of BlackBerry 10, I think we can last until BlackBerry 11 (or whatever the next huge revision of BlackBerry 10 turns out to be).

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 09:47 PM
    @OP
    While admirable that some feel the need to (in your own way) defend BlackBerry against the evil "Barbarians" (anyone perceived as being negative and a troll), just enjoy your BlackBerry like the rest of us. These type of threads help absolutely.....nothing. BTW, it's not hate, it's mostly frustration. Lot's of frustration.
    08-28-13 10:26 PM
    My thoughts and experience regarding BB10 phones only:
    1) Sudden battery drains
    2) Freezes and restarts
    3) Unexpected or buggy behavior (SMS, Contacts)

I've experienced all of them, so many other peoples on the forum.
    Average user will not trust phone like this, if it happens in first few weeks of usage.
    I've seen people reporting bad phones or dead phones also.
    08-29-13 01:31 AM
    I don't 'hate' BlackBerry but I do hate the way they treat their loyal customers *cough* cough* Playbook *cough* *cough*

I also wish that they kept up with the times.
    h20work likes this.
    08-29-13 02:58 AM
    Even though there is a lot of validity in how your describe BlackBerry's misjudgments and failures, I am not seeing a reason to hate the company. All business rise and fall. Some recover and some don't, but I don't think I've seen a customer base take a company's actions as personally as dieehard BlackBerry fans.
    Then you're not familiar with Phillies fans.......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-29-13 03:01 AM
    I'm writing this thread because it seems there's still a lot of hate towards BlackBerry. I want to know what are the reasons for this hatred. Instead of broken promises (I get why there's no BB10 update for PB so I don't consider that a broken promise) and delayed releases what are some other reasons? Why the hate?
    Using the literal definition of "hate"; if someone says, "Blackberry will fail", that is not "hating" in the company's current state. The media stating a likely negative scenario is not "hating". If somebody says, "OMGZ, BBRY is SOOOOO dumb!!!", they're probably trolling you. Trolling does not equate to hating either. A lot of trolls are completely indifferent toward the subject matters they bash or don't bash.

I don't see any actual rational reasons to "hate" Blackberry, the company.

Plus, amidst all the doom and gloom, it's sometimes easy to forget that this is still a massive, multi-billion dollar company. Someone with deep pockets necessary. Might have to be multiple buyers, which means a split up.
    This. It really applies to the privatization and strategic investment scenarios as well. I don't see many potential "strategic investors". They'd have to be pretty large and Microsoft already went Nokia.

Maybe they'll fight it out to BB11 for that reason. Or maybe the board will break up the company after a couple months. *shrug*
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 08-29-13 at 04:01 AM.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    08-29-13 03:45 AM
    I do consider the PlayBook a broken promise. Sorry but I do.

My biggest gripe with them would be good but not great hardware components. I would love to see them release a device with premium specs if they are going to charge us a premium price. That's just me though.

People hear BlackBerry and think of devices from 2009 or around then....add that with a lack of marketing and u have a big brand perception problem

Posted via CB10
    That's so true ... Everyone who see my phone they say what's that phone I reply!
    It's a BlackBerry Z10 and they say ouf BlackBerry has full touch screen???never heard of it.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:04 AM
    I m here because I love BlackBerry
    So no hate here

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:26 AM
    My thoughts and experience regarding BB10 phones only:
    1) Sudden battery drains
    2) Freezes and restarts
    3) Unexpected or buggy behavior (SMS, Contacts)

I've experienced all of them, so many other peoples on the forum.
    Average user will not trust phone like this, if it happens in first few weeks of usage.
    I've seen people reporting bad phones or dead phones also.
    I had a discussion recently with a guy who loves the Z10 and BlackBerry 10 but switched to his iPhone because of the random reboot issue. He flat out said, "I love the phone and see huge potential in the OS. And so many nice improvements from my old BlackBerry. But I can't trust it. It rebooted while I was using the GPS in a strange city, stuck in traffic. Can't have that".

Was even distrusting of updating to the version that stopped the reboots for me. Bad taste for sure.

Funny you mention contacts ... they DRIVE ME NUTS. And unfortunately, it's not just a BlackBerry problem. It feels like every device I have has an address book that has its own glitches and non standard way of doing things. Each manages to perpetually infect one of my cards and then send the infected card off to the other devices by way of GMAIL contacts like some bad VD.

I'm forever re-linking cards that I've linked before and have become unlinked. I'm forever removing duplicate cards that I've removed before. I'm forever removing duplicate fields that I've removed before. I'm forever fixing messed up names like "Bob Smith" becoming "Smith Smith" because of a field change. And stick a social networking link into a card, all the devices that support them (but support them differently) seem to have a breakdown.

Just a rant! Z10 specific issues of inadvertantly merging the wrong card info and/or orphaning partial cards doesn't help.
    08-29-13 07:28 AM
    Gotta love how OP's post count is 666 at the time of posting this tread...
    That's one wicked observation.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 07:42 AM
    Hating a company is just irrational at best...sure, you can be dissapointed in a company, dissapointed in their products, but hate is a word that should never enter that equation. I want to see BlackBerry make a comeback, they've made some great products, and some not so great, something that all companies have done. I want BlackBerry to succeed because competition in the market is good, no matter what percentage of the market a company has, I want there to be a diverse array of form factors to choose from if I ever need to change. People calling for the death of BBRY are asinine, there's so much more at stake here than a new model of phone or some new software...what about all the people BBRY employs? And the businesses that have sprung up because of the company, how do you think they'll feel if they lose their jobs? Yes be critical of BlackBerry, try and make them understand what they are doing wrong and how to get back on track, and if they don't listen, then there's nothing more you can do as a consumer, but blind hate, it's pathetic.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    08-29-13 08:32 AM
    I don't know why folks think everyone hates Blackberry? They don't hate them, the majority of the folks I know who where once loyal to the brand are just disappointed and got tired of waiting for new products to be released and empty promises, so they went somewhere else, period.

Myself, I bought the z10 as soon as it was released and I suffered through the reboot issues and exchanging four (4) devices within a three week period. I understand that it was a new OS and such, but when I paid $550.00 of my hard earned money for a brand new device, that is unacceptable in todays marketplace.

My main reason for going back to IOS was the fact that all of my clients and friends are either using Android or IOS and the 100+ BBM contacts I used to have are down to just 2 groups which I hoping to reconnect to when BBM for IOS is released. I am sorry, but Blackberry done this to them selves and because of complacency and a lack of vision they now find themselves in the position they are currently in.

I am hoping that they can come up with a solution that will enable them to forge forward, but this is a changing market and I am sorry to say that the game has changed since the time when they dominated the marketplace. Messaging and Email are only a part of the new way of doing things, apps now drive any future products that is going to be successful on todays market whether you want to accept it or not.

With Blackberrys market share going nowhere but in a downward spiral, I can't see any developers wanting to waste their valuable time and resources creating apps that are only going to bring a small return on their investment when they can develop stuff for the big three and have a better chance of success. This is reality folks and I don't see it changing anytime soon.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    08-29-13 09:28 AM
    "Hate" Is it really "Hate" or is that a word generally thrown around to describe criticism?
    ubizmo and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    08-29-13 10:37 AM
    "Hate" Is it really "Hate" or is that a word generally thrown around to describe criticism?
    Yes, the word has unfortunately been gutted of its useful meaning. Oh well, there's always "loathe" and "abominate."

Sent from Tapatalk.
    08-29-13 11:34 AM
    What is this hate you speak of?

I love you all
    h20work likes this.
    08-29-13 02:04 PM
    I don't see many potential "strategic investors". They'd have to be pretty large and Microsoft already went Nokia.
    The only thing that even keeps Microsoft quietly looming in the back of my mind is the need to buy another channel for Windows Phone. People can crow about Windows Phone gaining momentum all they want, but it really isn't doing super well either. Microsoft is losing money on it big time. Nokia's sales are starting to pick up, but they still have gripes from investors about the pace. They have other partners, but they all put most of their effort into Android. And even if there is growth, they are still far, far, far, far, far behind in the race, with the risk looming that tablets running something 'else' could put a big dent in one of their primary drivers.

Still be pretty pricey, but I can't help but think it's been mulled over or discussed that Microsoft does something with BlackBerry just like they did with Nokia ... bundle this, get Windows Phone on millions more units every years and we'll pay you ... for now.

Long shot still, but I don't think completely impossible.
    08-29-13 02:14 PM
    I know when someone is criticizing thank you very much. If it's criticism I read everyday on blogs, threads and fanpages then I say leave it to professions. Other than that it's just unnecessary bashing of a product never given a chance of redemption. Calling a product "****ty" without even trying the newest device is not what I consider "criticism".

Posted via CB10
    The internet is one big popularity contest.
    Blackberry is not popular and is therefore a target
    It's up to Blackberry to change that perception. So far they have squandered their opportunities.
    therefore they will remain a target to be picked upon. Either ignore it or don't.
    But dont whine about how unfair life is, because the truth is, the world is a harsh place and Blackberry can not continue to operate in their own bubble if they want to thrive.
    If you're really going to take offense at all the blog posts you read then the internet is not for you. Yes there are offensive blogs about Blackberry, but search hard enough and you will find the same for all their competitors too
    08-29-13 02:24 PM
68 123