Does anyone know of a workaround in Beejive to be able to add a buddy icon for your Yahoo messenger account? I can put a picture as an icon that others can see when I am logged onto every other IM client like AIM and WLM on beejive, but for the yahoo accounts, it doesn't give you the option of adding an icon.

Any workaround to this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 02:02 PM
    I haven't found a workaround for that as yet. Annoy's me also. Hopefull their updat (that will be including FB IM) will include the addition to add a custom icon for YahooIM.
    03-25-09 02:23 PM
    I haven't found a workaround for that as yet. Annoy's me also. Hopefull their updat (that will be including FB IM) will include the addition to add a custom icon for YahooIM.
    Thanks for confirming. Darn, that stinks. I wonder why they aren't able to offer this option.
    03-25-09 08:09 PM
    I don't have a yahoo acct with beejive but I do have many other.
    Have you downloaded the new beta 1.1.2 beejive?
    It has facebook im I am not sure about the yahoo thing though.
    Give it a try and let us know if it fixed the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:39 PM
    Have you reported this to BeeJive? they have their own support forum where you can post bugs and feature requests.
    03-26-09 06:37 AM
    when was 1.1.2 beta made available? and any idea when it will be an official release?
    03-26-09 07:35 AM
    The beta came late last week. They were still working on a few Facebook bugs over the weekend, but it seems to be workign very well now.
    03-26-09 07:45 AM
    is there a OTA download or is that only for official releases???
    03-26-09 08:21 AM
    is there a OTA download or is that only for official releases???

yes. I just googled "beejive 1.1.2 ota" on the BB browser.....came right up and i installed/upgraded.
    03-26-09 09:33 AM
    got it...downloading and installing now...thanks!
    03-26-09 10:59 AM
    It never bothered me, but with the new beta version just released, it's possible that it's been fixed.
    03-26-09 03:47 PM
    It never bothered me, but with the new beta version just released, it's possible that it's been fixed.
    Nope, I downloaded the beta version, and it still doesn't have that function. I also wrote an email to Beejive support about this, and this is their response:

"Sorry for the inconvenience but we currently do not support 'set buddy
    icon' for Yahoo IM. We do have it in our road map and we will add it in
    one of our upcoming releases."

Well, at least they got back to me.
    03-27-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD