There is now (another) real-time GPS tracking service that should work on all newer BlackBerries. The service is 100% free and will always remain free. There is a non-flash demo here

InstaMapper - GPS Tracking

We launched only a month ago, but we already have tons of features. You can export tracks in CSV and Google Earth KML formats, and you can share your location with friends. You can even embed a map with your current location on a blog (e.g. InstaMapper News).

Please give this new service a try and let us know what you think. Thanks!
    06-07-08 03:11 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    06-07-08 07:46 AM
    Looks interesting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 08:40 AM
    i plan on doing the unthinkable and embedding the map on a page for all to see while it tracks me around town daily....wonder how this will affect battery life....
    06-10-08 03:14 PM
    Hello I am new this is my first post. I have been using this program and as for running the tracker all day it will eat alot of your battery life but it is a nice program
    06-11-08 02:26 AM
    hi mofo84,

What is your setting for "send every (sec)" ?? because if you have that set to like 5 min or something then it will do less transmission which means the battery last longer .

Regards
    Paul
    06-11-08 04:24 PM
    it is set to every 5 secs
    06-11-08 06:10 PM
    Works great when tracking on the PC, but I can't get my 8310 to render pages accurately in either the internet browser or in Opera mini.

Fixes?
    06-12-08 08:49 AM
    cool program, but it does eat the battery. I have it set to every 60 seconds.
    06-15-08 10:03 AM
    There is a new version that turns off GPS between updates. At 5 minute update interval, my BB 8130 lasts > 24 hours.
    06-17-08 11:37 AM
    It is still reporting 1.3 when I go to download it from the link on your website. I noticed say it is 1.4 in your forums.

Thanks

I see it has been updated. Thanks
    Last edited by eeosu; 06-17-08 at 06:07 PM.
    06-17-08 01:47 PM
    I went and signup and downloaded on my phone. How long does it take to get the email to activate my account?
    06-17-08 08:28 PM
    Should be just a few seconds. Check your spam folder just in case.
    06-18-08 10:58 AM
    FYI - InstaMapper now has a facebook app to embed a map with your real-time location on your profile page.

Login | Facebook

Here is a screenshot:

InstaMapper News: Facebook app to launch soon
    07-05-08 02:38 PM
    Im curious as to how this tracker works. Maybe you can help me. I want to track my daughter, without her knowledge - does this software have this capability with the Blackberry Curve 8310?
    07-09-08 04:43 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but if I use this I no longer have to pay $10.00 per month for BB GPS that is already installed on my BB?
    07-09-08 10:14 PM
    Im curious as to how this tracker works. Maybe you can help me. I want to track my daughter, without her knowledge - does this software have this capability with the Blackberry Curve 8310?
    InstaMapper disallows covert tracking, so the answer is no.
    07-10-08 12:30 AM
    Works great when tracking on the PC, but I can't get my 8310 to render pages accurately in either the internet browser or in Opera mini.

Fixes?
    There is a mobile interface that works great on blackberries:

http://mobile.instamapper.com
    07-10-08 12:31 AM
    I know I was talking ish about instamapper being creepy and all, but...

I figured I'd give it a go. I went ahead and put it on my phone and went through all the activation procedures, etc...
    Whenever I try to look at my device on the map, it says "No Data is available for this device"

I've checked, re-checked and checked again the device key...I've done a battery pull...nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?
    07-11-08 01:18 AM

I figured I'd give it a go. I went ahead and put it on my phone and went through all the activation procedures, etc...
    Whenever I try to look at my device on the map, it says "No Data is available for this device"

I've checked, re-checked and checked again the device key...I've done a battery pull...nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?
    First thing, is your GPS enabled? If it isn't, you need to do that. If it is, this program could possibly not be suited for your phone. I tried to use this program myself and found it didn't work very well on my phone. I also found this true with Blackberry Tracker. The only one I've found so far is GPSed. This program works no matter where I'm at. If I'm my truck or even out in the woods. Also, you probaly have BB maps on your phone. See if you can get that to work. If that works, then you should be fine.

PS
    When this program did work on my phone. It worked great with Google maps
    07-11-08 05:19 AM

Any suggestions?
    What does the app say on the phone? There are two status lines, the first of which should say "Tracking..." and the second "Sent x sec ago". If you have a 8130 on Sprint, it should work fine (that's what I have).
    07-11-08 01:01 PM
    We have launched quite a few new features since this thread was last active (e.g. ability to embed a map on Facebook). Please take a look:

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking
    08-08-08 01:52 PM
    I just successfully loaded the Instamapper app to my BB8820. it appears to be tracking and sending properly.

Whenever I try to look at my device on the website map, it says "No Data is available for this device."

I've posted on the Instamapper fourm, too, hopefully there will be a response.
    JIM
    09-28-08 03:54 PM
    A brief update: for those of you who had network errors before, there is now a version of the binary that uses BIS.

See InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Please give it a try and let us know how it works.
    10-03-08 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";