More than once Alec Saunders has claimed they can't reveal ANY details on partners working on a BB10 app.. Why would they now?
    Good question. By revealing the presence of some big apps they could have put some pressure on the reluctant ones. Seems like there's nothing optimistic to reveal. I mean, sorry for bringing down, I will probably buy a BB10, but it's not the reason to be a complete fool.
    12-27-12 11:54 AM
    I think it's a safe bet that RIM is doing everything they can to work with any and all possible partners at this point. We hope Netflix is going to be there and we can be sure that RIM will do what they can on their side to make that happen, BUT ultimately it's up to Netflix. Personally I have a good feeling that we will see a Netflix client, BUT that is just my feeling it has no basis on anything I have seen. I just know the efforts that RIM has made towards the development community, the support the provide, and of course the many development tools they provide.
    12-27-12 12:04 PM
    If Netflix keeps depending on Amazon's cloud service for their streaming, they may not be around for long.
    12-27-12 12:09 PM
    There is one interesting tweet that said "I am sorry If some questions I can't answer, there is a strategy and a control sequence we have to follow" I know its all speculation but its like waiting for Christmas day and trying to figure out what your going to get! That tweet seems like he is saying that tyhe leaks are controlled etc. Makes you wonder if he was just a freelancer with inside info why would he care if he answered a qurestion. Seems like he has direction on what to answer etc.
    12-27-12 12:11 PM
    More than once Alec Saunders has claimed they can't reveal ANY details on partners working on a BB10 app.. Why would they now?
    This is what I think. Usually when something exciting like this surface up in the forum, Crackberry would follow with an official post on the main page with a link to the original forum post. So when you guys see something exciting as such and if we don't hear it from Crackberry, it only means that they (*the Crackberry crew*) can't verify the authenticity of the news OR they are bind to a NDA for that and they can't talk about it.

Nevertheless, I'm excited.
    Bla1ze, jakie55, 00stryder and 2 others like this.
    12-27-12 12:18 PM
    I don't really care about Netflix. . . . though I know a lot of people do. I don't mind little leaks here and there (love the photos!), but I'd love for a lot of the "BB10 is never going to have XYZ" Apps to show up on release as a surprise.
    12-27-12 12:19 PM
    Photoshopped. Back to where we were, nothing.
    magutwit likes this.
    12-27-12 02:20 PM
    I saw it on the internet. Must be true. Lol

12-27-12 03:00 PM
    I saw it on the internet. Must be true. Lol
    Don't forget this one!
    More BlackBerry Messenger for Android screenshots leaked | Ubergizmo
    Bla1ze and randall2580 like this.
    12-27-12 03:13 PM
    Those were great, lol.
    12-27-12 03:23 PM
    Sort of a wasted thread.... there is not way of "proving" what the OP says until the actual launch and anouncement happens.....
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    12-27-12 03:23 PM
    12-27-12 03:31 PM
    Sort of a wasted thread.... there is not way of "proving" what the OP says until the actual launch and anouncement happens.....
    Precisely. Even screenshots won't really do justice here and will be questioned.
    12-27-12 03:31 PM
    That right, everything on the internet is true, otherwise they can't put it on the internet.

12-27-12 03:43 PM
    Serious question:

What format are screenshots from BB10 devices in? My first red flag was that these screens are uploaded as JPG when every other OS uses PNG for non-photos. Not saying you couldn't still fake a PNG, but it would lack any of the artidactinf and at least be easier to validate.

Calling this as fake, however. Show a menu or go home.
    12-27-12 03:50 PM
    Serious question:

What format are screenshots from BB10 devices in? My first red flag was that these screens are uploaded as JPG when every other OS uses PNG for non-photos. Not saying you couldn't still fake a PNG, but it would lack any of the artidactinf and at least be easier to validate.

Not saying it's real, but there are ways to upload a screenshot as a jpg.
    12-27-12 04:00 PM
    Yeah, I get that but what would the purpose be, especially if using an external hosting site. That's my point -- why would someone upload a jpeg and not a PNG?

First rule of fake screenshots is make sure your sizes and file formats are correct.
    12-27-12 04:04 PM
    Serious question:

The screenshots were uploaded as .png's which is the default Screen Shot for PlayBook and Dev Alphas. There might be a setting to make it take screenshots in .jpg format though, as most screenshot apps have that ability. A BB10 cascades menu would be a dead giveaway, and yet it's so avoided, this could all be just a big act.

Yeah, I get that but what would the purpose be, especially if using an external hosting site. That's my point -- why would someone upload a jpeg and not a PNG?

First rule of fake screenshots is make sure your sizes and file formats are correct.
    Nah, the first rule is to make sure the app has the proper company's colors... The color used in "The screenshots of Netflix by @BlackberryScoop were wrong. Android Red: #b9090b, Website red: #b9090b, Supposed BB10 Red: #dc0505. #busted"
    12-27-12 04:16 PM
    https://twitter.com/jmznvs/status/28...239424/photo/1

James Nieves checked it on the image processor.

Just saying what I've seen...
    12-27-12 04:26 PM
    Scoop also said we'd have no Skype...
    12-27-12 04:30 PM
    Precisely. Even screenshots won't really do justice here and will be questioned.
    Videos would...
    12-27-12 04:32 PM
    I still don't understand why people are so caught up on a Netflix App. Netflix is on the internet. Open up the browser and use it. Before IOS and Android had Netflix Apps the WEBSITE could still be accessed via the browser. Even facebook has a mobile page that can be access from a smartphone (m.facebook.com).

I can understand people being upset over Skype, because it is an application/program. If my BB 9800 had a better browser I would be watching movies on it. I can log in just fine; the limiting factor is the browser and processor on my device. Neither one of those problems exist with a BB10 device.
    walt63 likes this.
    12-27-12 05:02 PM
    I still don't understand why people are so caught up on a Netflix App. Netflix is on the internet. Open up the browser and use it. Before IOS and Android had Netflix Apps the WEBSITE could still be accessed via the browser. Even facebook has a mobile page that can be access from a smartphone (m.facebook.com).

I can understand people being upset over Skype, because it is an application/program. If my BB 9800 had a better browser I would be watching movies on it. I can log in just fine; the limiting factor is the browser and processor on my device. Neither one of those problems exist with a BB10 device.
    because netflix doesnt work using the website on the pb or your bb phone. great suggestion though, i am sure NO ONE tried this before.
    12-27-12 05:15 PM

You can't use Netflix on mobile phones.. I take it you have never tried to open up Netflix on a mobile device before, huh? You need silverlight to watch videos from a computer browser, and if you visit the site from the PlayBook, etc. it says "please try logging in on PC or Mac" etc. So why is it important to get a Netflix app..? Because simple.. Netflix doesn't work in the browser.. Try it out for yourself
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    12-27-12 05:16 PM
    You can't use Netflix on mobile phones.. I take it you have never tried to open up Netflix on a mobile device before, huh? You need silverlight to watch videos from a computer browser, and if you visit the site from the PlayBook, etc. it says "please try logging in on PC or Mac" etc. So why is it important to get a Netflix app..? Because simple.. Netflix doesn't work in the browser.. Try it out for yourself
    I think what you mean to say is you can't open Netflix on non-supported mobile devices. Reality of the matter is Netflix uses HTML5 for their apps so there is technically, a site out there that can be accessed by every device with a browser it's just that that particular site has never been exposed and presumably is surrounded with a lot of obfuscation protection so people can never really find the source. If that source "site" so to speak, was found out there would be no real need for the apps in theory as people could just access the url. That's a dumbed down explanation really but that's how it works. Mobile devices access a protected portion of the Netflix site, to break it down in even simpler terms.
    12-27-12 05:48 PM
85 1234