Well, I've been having an "affair" for about a year now, with a Moto Droid. While it's been fun, I'm ready to go back to my first true love, Blackberry.

OS 6 is very appealing, so my question is, if you were in my shoes, which device would you go with?

The Bold? The Storm 2? Wait for something else coming out that I don't know about?

I'm neutral on touchscreen vs. tactile keyboards.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    09-27-10 01:37 PM
    yeah--go to a verizon store and try all the form factors until you find the one that appeals most to YOU. don't worry what others like.
    09-27-10 01:40 PM
    Well, I've been having an "affair" for about a year now, with a Moto Droid. While it's been fun, I'm ready to go back to my first true love, Blackberry.

OS 6 is very appealing, so my question is, if you were in my shoes, which device would you go with?

The Bold? The Storm 2? Wait for something else coming out that I don't know about?

I'm neutral on touchscreen vs. tactile keyboards.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    IMO Bold is the best device available now; Storm2 is dead.
    09-27-10 01:54 PM
    This is really subjective; it depends on what you like. For me, hammering out e-mails on my device is of paramount importance, so I could never handle a touchscreen only phone. A compromise like the Torch would have been lovely since it has a physical board in addition to pretty significant screen real estate. Unfortunately, the Torch is exclusive to At&t, voted the worst carrier in the US for good reason.

If you don't use your device a lot for work you might consider the Storm, which is completely touchscreen based. The screen is big enough to afford a pretty sweet browsing experience. However, Storm 3 is already in the works, and if you are in no hurry, you could wait for it to drop. On the other hand, the Bold has a smaller screen, but is one of the foremost styles because of the stellar battery life.

In short, no one can give you constructive advice on this. It depends on your needs, and must be a subjective choice. Touchscreen devices are much more fun if you are browsing, and of course, provide a superb media experience (watching movies and such). Physical key boards are much better for texting, e-mails, etc.; professionals usually prefer those. A compromise like the Torch would have been the best option, but it is restricted to AT&T.
    09-27-10 02:23 PM
    If you don't use your device a lot for work you might consider the Storm, which is completely touchscreen based. The screen is big enough to afford a pretty sweet browsing experience. However, Storm 3 is already in the works, and if you are in no hurry, you could wait for it to drop. On the other hand, the Bold has a smaller screen, but is one of the foremost styles because of the stellar battery life.
    Looks like I'll be going with the Storm 3 or the Bold. I don't know when the S3 is coming out, but it sounds like I'll be waiting for a month or so. No big deal.

I'm just hoping the Storm 3 has improved over the S1 & S2. The S1 left me frustrated. 4-6 battery pulls per day is unacceptable. That was part of the reason I jumped ship for android.

My wife has a Bold, and she likes it way better than even her iphone. The fact that OS 6 will be available on it is certainly a plus.
    09-27-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD