I get a fair amount of these types of emails and always have a hard time reading them even after downloading images. Is there a setting that I'm missing that will correctly format these emails? I feel like half the time I just have to delete and read them later on my PC.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 03:20 PM
    I get a fair amount of these types of emails and always have a hard time reading them even after downloading images. Is there a setting that I'm missing that will correctly format these emails? I feel like half the time I just have to delete and read them later on my PC.

Thanks

The way you're seeing them is pretty much the best you're going to get on a BB. One of the little tweaks they should make.
    10-16-10 05:09 PM
    Sometimes there is an option in the email that allows the email to be viewed in the mobile browser. Usually there you will see the whole browser. OS 6 has fixed this issue I believe. For the rest of us who aren't on OS 6 will get the jumbled images. It hasn't bothered $e though because the only html emails that I get is spam. I don't read those anyway so I'm not interested in seeing the pictures.

10-16-10 06:52 PM
    Can anyone confirm if this is truly fixed in OS6?

10-16-10 07:30 PM
    The OP doesn't indicate whether he is on BES. Because some companies are concerned about the security problems that come with html, there is an optional BES server setting that limits the phones to plain text.

Otherwise, he needs to make sure he has html e-mail enabled under "options" in his message folder.
    10-17-10 11:14 PM
    No I am not on BES and I do have html enabled under settings.
    10-17-10 11:54 PM
    Can anyone confirm if this is truly fixed in OS6?

Just to test - I had an email from Land's End, a catalogue. Within the email there was a "click here to view in browser" and when I did the full page came up, html.

I have a Torch.

10-18-10 08:29 AM

Thanks

You might want to pick up a copy of ShowMeTheImages. It let's you read html email just as if you were reading it on your desktop. I bought my copy on Mobihand. Don't know if it is available on BB App World or not.
    10-18-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD