I have done my forum search but I am going to post this anyway. I am planning on downloading mobipocket (since it is OTA now) but I was wondering if the books I download (I assume OTA, too, am I right?) automatically go to my media card? I need enlightened before I potentially mess my blackberry up. Thanks, for any insight and help. di
    03-06-08 09:14 AM
    I have installed v6.1 and it works nicely on Curve.

I have not experimented with Over The Air downloads, but using the PC application, it is simple to download or convert existing documents.

Connect the device and select the book you want to Upload. At the top of the screen, there is a button labeled "Send". If you just select the button, the book will be sent to your device memory.

At the right of the button, there is a little black triangle. Select your device assigned drive letter. Drive K:, in my case, is the destination for the file. The file will be saved on the Media Card.

If you have books in the Device Memory, you can move them to Media Memory using the File Manager.
    03-06-08 12:09 PM
    i never thought about reading a book on my bb? i think i would get too distracted..
    03-06-08 12:16 PM
    Reading is comfortable, all kinds of font and size options to select from.

Reference books are great. Links jump you right to the good stuff quickly.
    03-06-08 01:53 PM
    I have to read so many technical computer docs, it is awesome that I can read them on my BB anywhere now. =)
    03-06-08 06:29 PM
    I've been reading ebooks for maybe ten years, initially on my handhelds (Palm, HP), and now on my Blackberry. It's a wonderful way to read, especially in bed at night if you don't want to disturb your wife.
    Mobipocket is the best reader I've found for the Blackberry.
    Another company, ereader.com is the best e-book supplier--tons of new and old books, a great free reader program, easy to use. Unfortunately ereader.com doesn't support the Blackberry platform, though according to their website this may be in the works.
    04-21-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD