Hey all,

I got an email and I read and deleted it. However, the message icon is not going away. I tried turning the phone off and taking the battery out. Neither worked. I know its a trivial issue but its really annoying. Any advice?

Best,
    MJ
    06-03-09 04:15 PM
    Make sure to check any hidden folders, saved folder and open any calls that are being logged in your message folder (if you have that) and and VM SMS you may have.

Just to be sure you can also highlight the most recent date in all your message folder, menu, delete prior.

i have never used facebook or myspace on my phone but check to make sure you are being alerted for those either.
    06-03-09 04:35 PM
    I'd do what chrisy said to do.
    06-03-09 05:28 PM
    Since i installed Visual voicemail anytime someone leaves a message and I listen to it, the yellow folder does not go away.
    06-03-09 07:20 PM
    How do I delete the yellow envelope?
    06-03-09 07:20 PM
    Hey all,

I got an email and I read and deleted it. However, the message icon is not going away. I tried turning the phone off and taking the battery out. Neither worked. I know its a trivial issue but its really annoying. Any advice?

Best,
    MJ
    You can go to messages folder and hit "U" for unread messages...

How do I delete the yellow envelope?
    Just select it and it should go away. Try a battery pull if it doesn't...
    06-03-09 09:30 PM
    It is the yellow envelope next to the time stamp. I cannot click on it. It is driving me crazy. It is only the visual voicemail message. I have tried pulling the battery many times.
    06-05-09 04:13 PM
    It is the yellow envelope next to the time stamp. I cannot click on it. It is driving me crazy. It is only the visual voicemail message. I have tried pulling the battery many times.

there is a message on your device that is probably not read..

check for missed calls etc etc and actually click on them..
    06-05-09 04:54 PM
    I tried everything ya'll said and its still not working...
    06-20-09 03:52 PM
    It may be a message from a chat? Or a message from your service provider. Don't know, but if you have a lot of apps installed you may want to check them all. If you are resetting your BB and it's still there that means there's a message somewhere Make sure you don't have anything set to "hidden".
    06-20-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD