I am getting very frustrated with how things are going for Blackberry here in the states. It seems that everywhere else but here, Blackberry is thriving. Both the Z10 and the Q10 are doing really well in terms of sales, people seem to know what the Z10 and Q10 are and its just perfect. But here it feels like its failing. Not one single sales rep seems to know that a Q10 even exists, every time I call or talk face to face they automatically assume im talking about the Z10. The only place that seems to carry the Q10 is T-Mobile, AT&T, And Verizon. None of which are doing anything at all to rep these phones. Best buy in canada carries both the Z10 and Q10 but for some reason here in the U.S they only carry the Z10. I asked best buy why and not a single person knows why or if they will ever carry the Q10. I want Blackberry to succeed so bad but its like America has some kind of hatred for them and just tosses them aside nomatter what they do. These phones do more than most android/windows/iphone 's can do and people just discard them because " Its blackberry" or " BB phones are not for the hip and young, its for the business oriented and old".

Has anybody heard any news on if Best Buy will carry the Q10?. Do they not have it yet because they might not of been able to work out a deal with Blackberry?.

Also sorry if a thread has been done like this before. Feel free to close this and link me to it if it has
    06-28-13 09:52 PM
    Blackberry is not thriving in the UK.
    The biggest asset Blackberry had for the UK market was the Curve devices.
    The Z10 and the Q10 does not appeal to that market and Blackberry in their infinite wisdom decided to price the Q5 out of the range of that market.
    I cant see many Curve users upgrading to the Q5 when they have cheaper, alternatives that offer more
    06-29-13 06:34 AM
    The Z10 and the Q10 does not appeal to that market and Blackberry in their infinite wisdom decided to price the Q5 out of the range of that market.
    I cant see many Curve users upgrading to the Q5 when they have cheaper, alternatives that offer more
    Aaaaaaahhhhh isn't the UK one of BlackBerry's strong holds??? BlackBerry 10 did launch in Britain first.

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    06-29-13 07:53 AM
    Well I don't live in the UK so I cannot confirm or deny any anecdotal or statistical evidence that BB is wildly popular there. But to the OP, I would not call the Z10 or Q10 "perfect" by any means. They both lack many flagship popular apps, but I will admit they are really good devices. Also you can mask that "imperfection" in lack of apps by sideloading some of those flagship Android apps, many which actually work on BB10 and are fairly easy to acquire thanx to the crackberry community here. I do luv the BB10 OS.

If you follow the BBRY stock, things are negative right now, but even if there was a Blackberry apocalypse and the company goes under, gets taken over, whatever, your device will still work and in all likelihood like any smartphone you will replace when your contract expires anyway regardless of how the company or the stock are performing.
    06-29-13 08:17 AM
    Talking out of your rs I'm afraid.
    BlackBerry is doing very well in the UK. In enterprise most top companies
    Still use BlackBerry , I'm not saying that BlackBerry is the top selling phone in the UK but there are plenty being sold and being used .

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:01 AM
    While I would like to see BBRY thriving, as long as they are surviving (and not just barely) I am happy. I will and have always loved BBRY phones. I want them to stay around because I do not plan on owning another phone unless they come out with another device like the Q10 but better some time down the road. Which again all leads back as to why I want them to thrive. At the very least if BBRY does go under I would like someone to buy them out that is as dedicated to QWERTY keyboards as BBRY is. Also do you think its possible that BBRY would try putting android on their devices as a last ditch effort?.
    06-29-13 06:39 PM
    Then wouldn't it be an Android phone? It's already half an Android phone.
    06-29-13 07:06 PM
    Then wouldn't it be an Android phone? It's already half an Android phone.
    I guess that kinda furthers my point. It's true that it would be just another android phone but the difference is, it would be coming from a company who knows how to do a qwerty keyboard better than anyone on the market. I think BBRY's reputation when it comes to keyboards plus the latest android OS on the lovely and distinguished form factor of their latest phones could provide exactly what they need. I think it has the potential to sway people from their beloved samsung (disgusting company) android phones and their IOS devices to blackberry. but i would want to see this only as a last ditch effort..whats the worst that could happen if they did? BBRY loses some pride, we lose BBOS but we get to keep our beloved BBRY around and the phones they produce for that much longer. Maybe they could even find a way to incorporate much of the functions and apps BBOS has into android
    06-29-13 08:34 PM
    Talking out of your rs I'm afraid.
    BlackBerry is doing very well in the UK. In enterprise most top companies
    Still use BlackBerry , I'm not saying that BlackBerry is the top selling phone in the UK but there are plenty being sold and being used .

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has reached its peak. While it's not in dire straits yet and still performing much better than America, it is all down to curves. There has been no new curve for a while and the q5 is simply overpriced.
    Businesses means BlackBerry will remain fairly popular but they are going to lose the huge youth market they have. Heck they are losing it now.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:18 AM