I've never owned a phone with wifi before so of this is typical then please forgive me.

I have my own wireless network set up in my room at home and I noticed that while standing next to the router I only get about three bars or so but everything else has full signal. While at my girlfriends house I also noticed that with her wireless network in her house she can be anywhere and get four or five bars but my phone gets at most two. At wifi hotspots I don't have much signal either.

Opinions?
    11-03-09 10:00 AM
    i've never paid attention to the signal strength cause it's always worked regardless. When i go home, by the time i get outta my car, walk up stairs to my pc, the wifi is fully connected (white) and it's fast as ****...even at my job where i get only 1 bar, it's still fast...
    so i have no idea if the low signal is the cause of the phone or the routers...but as long as it works, i'm cool
    11-03-09 10:14 AM
    It depends on the wifi router.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 10:17 AM
    I've never owned a phone with wifi before so of this is typical then please forgive me.

I have my own wireless network set up in my room at home and I noticed that while standing next to the router I only get about three bars or so but everything else has full signal. While at my girlfriends house I also noticed that with her wireless network in her house she can be anywhere and get four or five bars but my phone gets at most two. At wifi hotspots I don't have much signal either.

Opinions?
    The signal strength (bars) doesn't have anything to do with WiFi signal strength. The bars signify your carriers strength. Unless of course you're talking about the signal strength that you see when scanning for networks. If that's the one you're talking about I apologize for confusing the issue.
    Last edited by pkn068; 11-03-09 at 11:03 AM.
    11-03-09 11:00 AM
    The signal strength (bars) doesn't have anything to do with WiFi signal strength. The bars signify your carriers strength. Unless of course you're talking about the signal strength that you see when scanning for networks. If that's the one you're talking about I apologize for confusing the issue.
    Haha... Unfortunately that is exactly what I'm talking about. I know the difference between the phones signal and the wifi signal. I usually turn the radio off when using wifi.
    11-03-09 12:35 PM
    Haha... Unfortunately that is exactly what I'm talking about. I know the difference between the phones signal and the wifi signal. I usually turn the radio off when using wifi.
    Are you referring to a wifi options screen where sig strength is shown, RATHER THAN the HOME screen?
    11-03-09 12:39 PM
    Affirmative.
    11-03-09 12:46 PM
    Yeah its definitely the phone and not the router. The phones probably don't have a very advanced wifi card and don't pick up as much signal. When I'm at a friends house, I can pick up their neighbors wifi in my laptop, but cannot in the storm2. Its the hardware.

11-03-09 01:17 PM
    Yeah its definitely the phone and not the router. The phones probably don't have a very advanced wifi card and don't pick up as much signal. When I'm at a friends house, I can pick up their neighbors wifi in my laptop, but cannot in the storm2. Its the hardware.

Wifi is worthless at Starbucks. Better speeds with 33g.

11-03-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD