Does anyone else get this? Light conditions remain constant, yet my screen goes very bright, then dimmer, then bright etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 06:46 AM
    My BB does that every once in a while. I don't know why....

03-02-09 06:47 AM
    my storm was doing that until i made the time to blackout longer then it stopped
    03-02-09 07:18 AM
    Maybe you guys have "automatic dim backlight" on in screen/ keyboard options. It brightens when there's sufficient light in your area and dims when your area is dark enough.

03-02-09 07:24 AM
    Like I said in the original post... Consistent lighting conditions

03-02-09 07:26 AM
    Not so constant lighting conditions. The sensor is mounted with the notification LED, it only needs you to turn or move your hand so a source of illumination is blocked or exposed...
    03-02-09 08:28 AM
    Yea mine does it too on occassion-my auto dim is set to off-and I could be sitting in one spot w/no light changes & it still does it- idk I gues its just a little "pet peeve" my bb has.

03-02-09 09:25 AM
    I bet you are putting finger over the LED, which is where the light sensor is.

03-02-09 09:58 AM
    You only need to move your head, and the bright light behind you might change visibility at the sensor. That's all it takes.
    03-02-09 01:22 PM
    Even if you turn off auto dim, it will still auto dim. I have no clue why it does this but I eventually got used to the dimming feature. That's the only thing you can do . Unless you're putting your phone in a controlled area (light and such is always constant no matter what is done) and its changing back and fourth, then I'd say the sensor in the phone is either bad or going bad.

03-02-09 03:13 PM
    My curve 8330 running 4.5.0.127 Alltel does this whether auto-dim is set on or off. It sure is annoying.

forkup
    03-02-09 03:17 PM
    Sometimes, to save battery, I just leave my index finger over the LED to dim the light. It's often bright enough at the lower setting. One of the features I like about my old Treo's was the ability to manually set the screen brightness. Ah... if only one could design a PDA with those little features unique to each company that are real winners.....
    03-02-09 04:35 PM
    Ok I have an 8320 and I have disabled autodim and my scn brtns is 10. So far it has not changed whether I am in the dark or in light. Works for me.

03-05-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD