Has anyone else out there in the Crackberry world seen some random application icons suddenly appearing on their BBs? I have had several suddenly appear and you can't delete them (or at least I haven't been able to figure that out yet).

Anyone else seeing this happen? Know how to get rid of them (and other app icons I don't want, for example "YellowPages.com Mobile").
    04-23-09 12:05 AM
    Those are pushed to your phone by AT&T. Best thing you can do is just hide the icon. Deleting it is futile since it can just be sent back to your phone. The good thing however is that the application isn't actually installed.
    04-23-09 01:20 AM
    Is there a way to keep these "apps" from being pushed to your phone in the first place? Woke up this morning and there we 12 new items on my phone. Nothing like this happened until I installed QuickPull v2 and set the schedule to perform a reboot each night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 06:56 AM
    If they are apps that are pushed to your phone from your carrier there is no way to delete them. They keep reappearing now because your phone is rebooting with Quickpull. Hide the icons and try to forget they are there. It is a pain in the a@@, but there is no way to remove them. Sorry.

04-23-09 06:59 AM
    Could this be data being pushed via the "Browser Push" option? And, doesn't it take up application memory space? I know it isn't installed, but there is still some data there for it to display an icon and have a title display for that icon.
    04-23-09 07:26 AM
    The icons are the only things that are taking up space. The amount of space they use is so miniscule you would never miss it. You can uninstall the apps and they will not reinstall themselves. But you can NOT get rid of the icons. The browser is not pushing them to your device. This is a carrier issue and there is now way around it except to hide the icons on the menu screen.

04-23-09 07:33 AM
    As stated, there is nothing you can do to stop the carrier from pushing icons to you device. The best way to ignore it is to simply hide the icon.
    04-23-09 01:59 PM
    I agree they are a pain in the arse, but I do like sunkast said, but I have folder I put all of them in there and then hide the folder
    04-23-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD