Which would you prefer? and which do you think is faster and more accurate? i prefer a physical keyboard i feel that it's more accurate and faster then a touchscreen
    12-14-14 10:49 PM
    Physical keyboard for sure. More accurate, better control and last but not least: the whole tactile feedback while typing gives a much better experience. However I think most virtual keyboards are faster today - at least when all their autocorrection goodies are working.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:54 PM
    Some people can type pretty fast on all touch, faster than me with a keyboard. That said, I still prefer a keyboard. Tried all touch but not for me. Even though I do have a partial one liner on my passport. I prefer the 4 rows for sure

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-14-14 10:58 PM
    I was a diehard physical keyboard guy until I switched to the Z10 and now Z30. It is on average 30% faster to type on a touchscreen for me. I go back to my old 9900 and it's almost comical how much slower I type. I find the autocorrect on the virtual keyboard quite amazing. For me, I'm well over 70wpm on my Z30.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    shaleem likes this.
    12-14-14 11:24 PM
    I have a Passport but lately I've been using the Z30 sometimes too. The keyboard will never be as accurate, I typed "ice" instead of "I've" just typing this comment. I'm better at the Passport keyboard, but the Z30 keyboard is as good as a touch screen keyboard could get.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 03:44 AM
    I may type faster on touch screen, however I prefer physical keyboard for smartphones.

Passport
    12-15-14 03:57 AM
    I find the z10 swiping experience a lot quicker and better than the old curve keyboard!

Posted by my splendid Z10
    12-15-14 04:01 AM
    I find I am more accurate when typing on my passport, but I was definitely more faster on the z30. The BlackBerry virtual keyboard on the z30 is the best touchscreen keyboard I have ever used, period.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-15-14 04:04 AM
    If I'm going to use a virtual keyboard, I want it to be Swype/Flow, not thumb tapping. If I'm going to type with my thumbs I prefer a hard keyboard.
    12-15-14 05:48 AM
    Touch screen all the way

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    shaleem likes this.
    12-15-14 06:48 AM
    I type faster on a touch keyboard but not if I take into account all the corrections I have to make that the autocorrect has got wrong.

On a real keyboard I rarely made mistakes, spelling mistakes are obvious straight away and there's no autocorrect to worry about.

Overall I'm far faster and more accurate on a physical keyboard.
    TgeekB and Bbnivende like this.
    12-15-14 06:53 AM
    I had a professor once who told us that great writing is not written. It's rewritten. I can type plenty fast on my z10, and it's certainly accurate enough if I'm paying attention; however, EDITING on a device without the old Shift key and other accurate navigation/selection shortcuts is MUCH slower and less accurate.

For many professionals, their writing is a principal work product, communicating nuanced ideas, arguments, recommendations, or terms used in legal or business negotiations,

Personally, I want to write/edit just as thoughtfully on my mobile device as I do at my computer. I rewrite sentences, move paragraphs around, and copy thoughts to other apps for future reference. In a perfect world, I could generate text as fast as I do on my z10, then edit it as efficiently as I used to do on my trusty Bold 9700.

I hope BlackBerry continues aggressive R&D in mobile writing/communications, because it's been their innovations in that domain that always set them apart.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:27 AM
    I should add to my previous post on this...

With over 500 Word Sub entries for common words, my typing speed on a physical keyboard is greatly accelerated. If I try to use them on a virtual keyboard (I did try, on my Z10), it just doesn't work as well. Virtual keyboard typing (whether tapping or gesture-based) works best if you don't try to be too accurate but just trust the AI to guess which word you're going for. Word Sub doesn't work at all unless you type the trigger strings 100% accurately. Because of this, Word Sub and VKB AI pull the user in opposite directions.

On my S4, I used Swype and liked it. If BlackBerry would bring something similar to BB10, I'd be more likely to go to all-touch. But as things stand, thumb-tapping on a VKB is my least favorite way to enter text.
    12-15-14 07:30 AM
    I type faster on a touch keyboard but not if I take into account all the corrections I have to make that the autocorrect has got wrong.

On a real keyboard I rarely made mistakes, spelling mistakes are obvious straight away and there's no autocorrect to worry about.

Overall I'm far faster and more accurate on a physical keyboard.
    This sounds just like me.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:44 AM
    Bold 9000 to z10 to Z30. Figured that the touch screen keyboards were it. Got the passport and so happy to be back on physical keys. Not as fast as touch, but way more accurate. I hate going back to change text. That slows you down in a big way so people tend to just let bad spelling and grammar go, which is a bad habit.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:52 AM
    When you have size 12 thumbs like me it's not easy on physical or touch keyboards, but all in all I have to give the nod to touch screens.

I BlackBerry therefore I am.
    12-15-14 10:01 AM
    I prefer the virtual keyboard myself. I was a die hard physical keyboard fan until I got a Z10. I was amazed at how smooth it was and how fast I could type on it.
    12-15-14 10:14 AM
    I'm just more comfortable with the PK. I make less mistakes and am less frustrated typing.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:45 AM
    Which would you prefer? and which do you think is faster and more accurate? i prefer a physical keyboard i feel that it's more accurate and faster then a touchscreen
    It depends on the user actually. Some wants to have a tactile feedback when typing while others are fine with the touch. I think those people who have slim fingers are more suitable or prefer touch kb as well as those who are not "keyboardists".

It's More Fun using Blackberry Q10 - 10.3.1.1154
    12-15-14 11:03 AM
    Both as in my Q10; physical for warp speed writing and touch for quick choosing alternate words.

Posted from Angband using the mighty Hammer of the Underworld, my Q10
    12-15-14 11:07 AM
    Physical key board all the way. I loved my torch could really type up a storm with it with lot more accuracy, with my z10 I was able to type very fast as well ironically I can't type as fast with my z30 as I do with the z10, I'm often times. Having to go back and correct, esp if I use abbreviation as well, for basic sentence yes virtual is good but for more complex ones the ai tends to insert wrong words a lot.

But think they are many threads that covers this

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    12-15-14 11:34 AM
    I use to be strictly keyword only. However since the Z10 with BlackBerry's amazing on screen keyboard I don't think I could go back.

Canada Channel C00123A4A
    12-15-14 12:13 PM