I'm on a 500mb data plan with rogers and am allowed 4000 web pages and 50 minutes of youtube. My question is, say I only use 2000 web pages and I still have around 200 mb left, can I use all of that remaining data viewing youtube? Or am I limited to 50 minutes even if I have more data available to me.
    08-18-10 09:36 PM
    That's a little different way of looking at it. Did Rogers give those limits or were they an example given by Rogers of what 500mb might look like? If that's the case, you probably can use any combination that equals your plan limit - and that's how most plans work. You might want to check with them to be sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 10:29 PM
    That's a little different way of looking at it. Did Rogers give those limits or were they an example given by Rogers of what 500mb might look like? If that's the case, you probably can use any combination that equals your plan limit - and that's how most plans work. You might want to check with them to be sure.

Well, I'm not really sure if they are limits or examples myself that's why I'm asking. Does anyone with a similar plan with rogers have any idea?
    08-18-10 10:46 PM
    I am a Roger client, but I have a conventional high cap BIS data plan.

I am sure they are quoting you data conversion approximations. You can log on to your "My Rogers" account at any time to verify your minunits, but not the mobile data used.

At the end of your statement period, you will get a daily statement of how much data you have used. As long as your total data use stays under your cap, no further charges will apply.
    08-19-10 09:11 AM
    Manage your data usage accordingly. To save even more when browsing the web on your blackberry, disable images and background images within the browser. I do this, it saves allot of data usage and speeds up load times.

Menu > Options > Browser Configuration >
    Uncheck: Show Images
    Uncheck: Show Background Images

Back out. Save.

Don't go over because the charges can be horrific.

08-19-10 09:17 AM
    It's just an example of what 500MB can get you. What ever way you use the data, you have 500MB total including youtube, internet, bbm, email, etc.
    08-19-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD