last night i used my wisepilot gps and forgot to exit after use
    it remained at the map view overnight at home

am i going to die when i see the month bill?

thanks in advance
    10-02-08 01:33 AM
    Well it depends if that service has a montly fee for unlimited use?
    10-02-08 01:40 AM
    I hope you got unlimited use! But I really think you should be alright. On google maps it refreshes if your scrolling thru the map or if your moving. Your phone wasn't moving. Is there a way you can look at your account online? My sprint account will let me know how much data I used so far. Maybe yours will to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 01:46 AM
    I hope you got unlimited use! But I really think you should be alright. On google maps it refreshes if your scrolling thru the map or if your moving. Your phone wasn't moving. Is there a way you can look at your account online? My sprint account will let me know how much data I used so far. Maybe yours will to.

10-02-08 02:12 AM
    thanks guys..one more question:
    how can i make sure that every time i use the wisepilot navigator it gets online through BB browser and not through a different server?
    i just need to make sure that it connects to the internet through my covered plan
    10-02-08 04:22 AM
    If you have unlimited data it shouldn't matter what server it connects through its still data and should be covered by the unlimited data plan. Even if you don't have unlimited data, data is data and however you use it whether surfing the web emails BB messenger or GPS you get charged for how much data you use in kb. Hope this is helpful.

10-02-08 08:32 AM
    It seems to me, if your device was not moving, there would be no map updates required through the night, therefore, no data consumed beyond the periodic heartbeats.
    10-02-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD