Hey all,

I have a Tour 9630 and I am looking to switch to the new Bold 9930. One of the many reasons I love my BB and am so against other phones out there is because it is a brick. I have dropped, scratched, and even thrown my tour. It's been one heck of a work-horse for me. Does anybody know if the Bold 9930 can take a beating like my Tour has?
    07-08-12 06:56 PM
    It can take a beating alright. But I really wouldn't recommend throwing any phone.
    07-08-12 07:25 PM
    Every phone is durable up to a point and the 9330 is as solid as they come.
    I do doubt it's durability when meeting hard objects at high velocity though
    07-08-12 08:22 PM
    Hey all,

I have a Tour 9630 and I am looking to switch to the new Bold 9930. One of the many reasons I love my BB and am so against other phones out there is because it is a brick. I have dropped, scratched, and even thrown my tour. It's been one heck of a work-horse for me. Does anybody know if the Bold 9930 can take a beating like my Tour has?
    I have the Bold 9900 and its been dropped twice from about my belt line down to concrete. Outside of a few scuff marks, the phone works flawlessly. My wife has dropped her iPhone and its instantly cracked/shattered. You should be alright, but there are always barely seen cases that can be used for a little more protection. If you ask me, cases are nice for this phone as it makes it a little thicker, easier to type on.
    07-08-12 08:22 PM
    I'm sure it'll hold up because...hey...it's a BlackBerry! I would recommend that you get the Otterbox Defender case for it though. Keep it like new even after all the abuse
    07-08-12 09:07 PM
    I wouldn't know as I love my BB too much to drop it or throw it... It's always in a pouch, is wiped down every day and treated with utmost care...
    07-09-12 05:45 AM
    I'm sure it's durable. I would never throw mine.
    07-09-12 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD