As soon as big red releases 9930 im gonna buy one. I currently have a Verizon 9650. My question is seeing tho Sprint and Verizon are cdma, is there a way to make my current 9650 work on Sprints network. My daughter is on Sprint and I would like to give her the phone if it will work. Thx!
    08-10-11 10:17 AM
    In a technical sense, there is absolutely NO reason it won't work. Same type signal, same frequencies. However, Sprint will never activate a Verizon branded phone, and Verizon will never activate a Sprint branded phone. The ESN and MEID, needs to be put into the carrier database to activate it.

There is one way to make it happen, but the legal ramifications can be harsh, and probably not worth the time/effort/risk.

Your best bet is to find someone that's looking to switch to VZW and has a Sprint 9650 that is willing to "trade". Or sell and buy the one from the correct carrier.
    peach1965 likes this.
    08-10-11 10:55 AM
    As ratsttam noted, Sprint and Verizon will not activate phones sold by the other. That's a business decision, not a technical one, but the result for the user is the same. You can't do what you plan to do.
    peach1965 likes this.
    08-10-11 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD