I could use some opinions from some crackberries asap. I've had my 9700 for 5 months now & have not had one single issue with it. It is working flawlessly for me. I had upgraded from an 8320 which I still have. Here is what I can't decide on: should I pass my 8320 along to my niece or should I keep it as a backup in case I have an issue come up with my 9700? When I upgraded from my 8100 to the 8320, I held on to the 8100 for at least a year but never needed it. I simply can't decide! What would you all do? I need to make a decision in the next few hours. Thanks!
    05-22-10 11:29 AM
    if my 9700 broke, Id just get another. I could never go back to the 8320. Give it to your niece
    05-22-10 12:01 PM
    If you could afford to replace the 9700 if something happened to it, give the old one to your niece. You are probably helping her financially (saving her from paying for a phone on her own) and you'll feel good.
    05-22-10 12:03 PM
    My only advice is to consider OS reinstalls / upgrades. They will shut your radio
    off. With a spare you can pop out the SIM and still have a working unit.

If this is not an important issue for you take Garz's advice and pass it along.
    05-22-10 12:05 PM
    I have insurance on all ours (I seem to drop a lot of phones lol) so we never keep the old ones. Sprint's pretty awesome about getting a replacement to me in a day or so. I've given my old cell phones to my parents & traded them back in for credit.
    05-22-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD