Ok so im selling my curve and a potential buyer wants to know serial number and imei number and pin.... Im new to this stuff so is it safe to give him that ? And he wants to know if i offer a dead on arrival guarentee, but he wants me to send pics of it turned on.
    01-08-09 01:54 PM
    Yes. A wise buyer will call their carrier and ask if the IMEI number has been blacklisted or not.
    01-08-09 02:04 PM
    whats blacklisted mean ?
    01-08-09 02:10 PM
    Means the carrier has prevented the device, based on it's IMEI number, from being used on their network. This often happens if a phone is stolen, the customer will call their carrier to report it stole. The carrier the locks the deactivates and locks the device. The phone becomes unusuable on any carrier at that point.
    01-08-09 02:14 PM
    I think you both need to set a guideline for the DOA guarantee, what if it isnt, but he says it is? and vise versa
    01-08-09 02:16 PM
    I think you both need to set a guideline for the DOA guarantee, what if it isnt, but he says it is? and vise versa
    Right rachel thats what i thought. Im paranoid like that.
    01-08-09 02:17 PM
    Means the carrier has prevented the device, based on it's IMEI number, from being used on their network. This often happens if a phone is stolen, the customer will call their carrier to report it stole. The carrier the locks the deactivates and locks the device. The phone becomes unusuable on any carrier at that point.
    Well its definately not stolen... but what if u left a certain carrier for another... the previous one wouldnt do that right ?
    01-08-09 02:18 PM
    Yeh, I dont exactly know how though lol

hmmmm

Are you mailing it? Or could be be exchanged in person?

I would give him all the pin imei info, one he has cleared all that to make sure its not blacklisted, geez... I dont know where i was going with this lol

lemme think....

A signed witness statement, independant party?
    01-08-09 02:19 PM
    Yeh, I dont exactly know how though lol

hmmmm

Are you mailing it? Or could be be exchanged in person?

I would give him all the pin imei info, one he has cleared all that to make sure its not blacklisted, geez... I dont know where i was going with this lol

lemme think....

A signed witness statement, independant party?
    Mind as well go to the court house and do it in front of a judge, and have the whole family there too. Have a big Blackberry party. =p
    01-08-09 02:30 PM
    Id rather do that that be fasely accused and having to give the money back for a device that was in perfect condition.
    01-08-09 02:37 PM
    lol Its being mailed !
    01-08-09 02:40 PM
    The IMEI and PIN should be enough, I dont see the need for sending out the serial number.
    01-08-09 02:41 PM
    I would just give him the info he needs about the phone, and come to an understanding about DOA. How is he planning on paying you?
    01-08-09 02:43 PM
    I would just give him the info he needs about the phone, and come to an understanding about DOA. How is he planning on paying you?
    I accept paypal direct from acct only to confirmed address.
    01-08-09 02:59 PM
    What a nightmare...
    01-08-09 04:05 PM
    What a nightmare...
    Welp i could always keep it and throw it in a box under my bed , but it wouldnt do any good there !
    01-08-09 04:19 PM
    This is the exact reason why all my used phone transactions, buying and selling, have been in person. Meet at the carrier's store and fire it up right there. CraigsList FTW! It's not like there's a shortage of local BlackBerry buyers, have you tried that?
    01-08-09 04:53 PM
    I have but there are tons of bb's for sale here. I live on an island with too many people.
    01-08-09 05:07 PM
    can just anyone call into the provider with the PIN and IMEI andreport the phone stolen?

dont mean to freak you out USAW...
    01-08-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD