Looking for some info on this one:

I have an 8830 on Sprint and am currently running 4.2.2.123. I know there is an upgrade for 4.2.2.265. I am on a BES for work and am looking for guidance on the following:

1) Will upgrading affect any functions (email, calendar, contacts synchronizing) or will I lose my BES Enterprise Activation? I don't have the password I used in the original activation and getting help from IT can be difficult. Not really their fault, their just very busy. We have close to 4,000 employees.

2) Is it ok to go straight to the later OS or do I need to do each successive OS upgrade. I'm definitely a newbie but love my blackberry

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    02-17-09 09:42 PM
    There are some professional BES admins around and I'm not one of them :-) but since nobody has answered for a while I'll give it it a try.

1) If Desktop Manager on your PC is set up for BES and connected to the server at the time you do the upgrade, reactivation should not be necessary and your BES stuff should all be there when you're done.

2) No need to do successive OS upgrades. Go straight to what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 10:20 PM
    Ok stupid question. How do I know if Desktop Manager is setup for BES and connected to the server? I am on VPN access at home. Honestly I don't use desktop manager very often

Thanks for your help
    02-17-09 10:30 PM
    Well, when you set up DM you have to select BES or BIS, so you have at least a 50/50 shot! I think VPN should be the same as being connected to your network and presumably DM would find a legit connection and be happy. I actually don't iuse DM except for backups so I'm not able to say offhand how those settings are registered and will need to check settings when I get to work.

Sith_apprentice, come in, please. A real BES Admin would be a good thing to have right about now :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD