Hello!
    I got my new Blackberry Bold last week. I am very pleased. But i have a few things to resolve. I would be glad, if i can find my answers here. Here are my questions:

1. I took my Blackberry from Vodafone without connection. (with a special deal). Since i bought it without connection, i was able to get the unlock code from Vodafone. My device is unlocked now and i want to use it with an Orange sim card. Of course blackberry has a software for Vodafone on it. Should i update it with the one for Orange? (I found a newer version on Blackberry site for Orange.)
    2. I hope that my Blackberry will not be locked again for Orange, if i update the software with the version for Orange. Am i right?
    3. Is there any significant difference between the versions for different operators? Will i loose something if i update to Orange version?
    4. I cannot use Blackberry Maps application, because my operator doesn't support it. But i need a good application for navigation, because i travel often. I heard that i can use third party map applications with the gps of Blackberry Bold. Which application should i use?

Thanks in advance
    04-23-09 05:57 AM
    1) Yes. It is always preferable to have your carrier OS
    2) No worries. Once it is unlocked it is unlocked forever. Updating
    the OS will not change that.
    3) No
    4) Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!
    04-23-09 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD