It's an actual question. Would they sell themselves before they give bb10 a chance to succeed? If so, why? It seems sort of useless to do the whole restructuring and BB10 if they're just going to sell themselves.
    (I really hope they don't - I want them to remain Canadian and owned by the same people)
    06-04-12 06:14 PM
    no, they are worth way to much outside of the north american market

if they all of a sudden stopped selling in the USA, they would do a lot better.
    06-04-12 06:19 PM
    What is the difference if they remain Canadian if they stay in Canada? You know there are foreign companies in Canada, right? Are they bad? There are probably Canadian companies in other countries. Yes it would be nice but who cares if whoever keeps them going. I hope it doesn't happen though.
    06-04-12 06:23 PM
    I hope to God not if they start selling off parts of the company look for no service and boost minute phone like quality.
    06-04-12 06:24 PM
    No

10 Char
    06-04-12 06:25 PM
    I dont think anyone on this board really knows what can and will happen. Its possible but a long shot is my 2 cents
    06-04-12 06:27 PM
    The Canadian government have got RIM's back eh.

I'd hope it remains a Canadian company. As for its owners, they're always changing - in the form of its shareholders.
    06-04-12 06:32 PM
    The Canadian government have got RIM's back eh.

I'd hope it remains a Canadian company. As for its owners, they're always changing - in the form of its shareholders.
    Actually they don't:

RIM shouldn't count on Ottawa for help: Flaherty

BlackBerrys aren't cars: Jim Flaherty rules out RIM aid - The Globe and Mail
    06-04-12 06:49 PM
    Ouch. They're on their own now then. I'm sure they'll be all good in the long run. Amongst other things there must be some large short sellers of rimm.

Thanks for the links.
    06-04-12 06:55 PM
    What is the difference if they remain Canadian if they stay in Canada? You know there are foreign companies in Canada, right? Are they bad? There are probably Canadian companies in other countries. Yes it would be nice but who cares if whoever keeps them going. I hope it doesn't happen though.
    It's a Canadian thing, eh!
    06-04-12 07:02 PM
    Yeah there many US companies that didn't stay US so it happens. And I guess eh.
    sputneek likes this.
    06-04-12 07:06 PM
    I read an article last week that went over the the amazing opportunities located inside emerging markets... And considering the sheer amount of people on this Earth, and RIM's success in emerging markets, I am very doubtful RIM will fail...

Would they allow a buy out? Doubtful but possible...
    Would they license out BB10? That's probably more realistic... Especially with the current fragmentation of Android and Samsung getting pissed about it...
    06-04-12 07:08 PM
    RIM definitely doesn't want to 'change hands' before they give BB10 a go

Outside pressures are fierce...that's why Thorsten gets the big bucks

I'm sure they'll anounce a glorious partnership or some large BB10 pre-order...then things will calm down
    06-04-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD