forgot to mention, the keyboards on these things put the rest to shame!!
    12-25-09 03:38 AM
    Work, functionality, service
    12-25-09 04:16 AM
    I often read here on CB that people say that if they find another phone that does this or another service that does that, they will "have to leave" RIM/Blackberry. Why is that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 07:47 AM
    blackberries are simple and i like the clean cut OS. i just like the professional strict business look.
    this
    10char.
    12-25-09 05:14 PM
    Why I stick to a BlackBerry in comparison to other smartphones I've used:

Windows Mobile is excellent and as powerful as the BlackBerry OS. Plus, the vulnerabilities in the OS make it fun to hack. Plus, the customizability was beyond compare. There was so much you could do to make a WinMo phone truly 'you'. It was excellent. However, certain apps lack as much function as BlackBerry, whether they don't fit in well, lack in basic features, and what not. Plus, I have yet to see a Windows Mobile device that can go longer than a day on one charge.

The iPhone was a marvelous smartphone. The apps, the games, the aesthetics! Apple outdid themselves. Plus, with jailbreaking, it was arguably more hackable than Windows Mobile was. Despite all of this, I could not stick to it due to lack of some basic smartphone features, such as multitasking. I hated when I got a text and had to close Pandora to read it. And with the latest OS release, battery life took a great hit. Not a battery worthy of a media phone. And, though not a big issue, the lack of a physical keyboard. I don't mind a touch keyboard, but I don't prefer it either.

Symbian was just a gosh darned mess.

In playing with a friend's Palm Pixi, I can conclude that I don't like WebOS. However, WebOS is still a baby, and in due time may come to be better than all. Until then, no thank you.

The BlackBerry has much to it. It isn't as hackable, but the majority of apps and games available make it just as fun as the iPhone. I also like the easy keyboard and simple interface. Nice and straight to the point. It makes an excellent media phone, and has the battery to support it (cause lets face it, it doesnt get better than 3 days on one charge).

The only smartphone I have yet to try is Google Android. However, from looking and reading about it, it seems like it could be an OS to beat BlackBerry in my book (for my needs, in other words). After all, integration with my Google Account would be absolutely PERFECT. Plus, looking through the app store, it has some interesting apps, and even some apps in BlackBerry App World.

Anyway, all of the above is my opinion.
    12-25-09 09:10 PM
    BBM
    10char
    12-25-09 09:58 PM
    I stay with BB because RIM offers the best combination of function, style, price, and availibility out there. Not to mention the 9000 has been very reliable in my hands. I cannot imagine going anywhere else, EVER!

I agree, and I've fixed the last sentence for you!
    12-26-09 01:49 AM
    Security is number one. True push email and messaging makes Blackberry more enjoyable.
    12-26-09 01:50 AM
    Blackberry FTW, It doesnt exactly what I need to do, its simple and beautiful, small but powerful, no need for an iphone
    12-26-09 04:44 AM
    Blackberry FTW, It doesn't exactly what I need to do, its simple and beautiful, small but powerful, no need for an iphone
    There is never a need for any of these devices really. We just want them. The Iphone is dangerous because so many of us want it so badly. I can't have it because it does strange things to me. BBs have a lesser impact on me.

12-26-09 05:47 AM
    Most people will stay with what they are familiar with. Blackberry has been used for certain reasons by many people and companies for a few years now. Some people will slowly leave for other devices, some will come to BB for the first time.Only time will tell where it goes.
    12-26-09 08:48 AM
    1. Battery life
    2. Reliability
    3. Good Phsyical keyboard
    12-26-09 11:33 AM
    1. Interchangeable battery. When flying to Asia I like to watch videos & I don't want to worry about draining the battery.
    2.Great for watching videos.
    3. UMA calling and web surfing when overseas.
    4. Great syncing with Outlook. (Other phones may be just as good tho.)
    5. Interchangeable media cards. For storing movies for long trips.

12-26-09 12:02 PM
    I often consider switching devices/platforms and it all comes down to this...

1) My Blackberry just works
    2) I'm used to the functionality
    3) the BEST physical keyboard on the market imho (Tour 9630)

I had a pre for a few weeks and have several times considered the HTC hero or Iphone 3gs and the only thing I think about is how I felt when I had the pre and not my blackberry- I couldn't get my berry back fast enough. So there you have it.
    12-27-09 09:59 AM
    3) the BEST physical keyboard on the market imho (Tour 9630)
    I agree with that
    12-27-09 12:09 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD