So I went to sticky's posting clicked aim clicked i agreeded and next and this is the mesg that i get

Connect your BlackBerry device to the USB port on this computer now to load AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry./>

what am i doing wrong?
    06-25-08 12:19 PM
    Is AIM loaded onto your phone already? See if your provider can send you the services books so that you can register AIM on your phone again.
    06-25-08 12:30 PM
    the curve doesnt come with aim....or any of the stuff i want that stickys got posted
    06-25-08 12:31 PM
    im not too familar with at&t phones, have you called them to ask if its possible to have those apps loaded onto your phone through a third party vendor?
    06-25-08 12:49 PM
    Try following the directions and connect the BB to the usb and download the app
    06-25-08 12:50 PM
    thats what i was doing its not seeming to work....
    06-25-08 12:57 PM
    ok now its telling me this msg

Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry.
    06-25-08 01:06 PM
    I pulled this off a technical support page with AT&T

SUBJECT: Methods to Send and Receive Instant Messages with the RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310
    Ways to Instant Message with the RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310

IM methods

FACT: Windows Live Messenger
    RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310
    AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
    MSN Messenger
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Yahoo! Messenger
    SYMPTOM: Instant Messaging (IM)
    ADVISORY: Standard Instant Messaging charges may apply.
    Instant Message (IM) methods supported by AT&T are outlined below. Additional support for any other IM client application must be directed to the product vendor.
    FIX:
    There are three methods of sending and receiving Instant Messages on the RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310:

BlackBerry Messenger

BlackBerry Messenger allows text conversation between BlackBerry users.

MEdia Net

This method allows text-only Instant Messages to be sent through the standard MEdia Net and requires a user to log into MEdia Net first.
    06-25-08 02:41 PM
    I also tried downloading it using my browser, i have the curve 8310 as well and it says my BB does not meet the system requirements. I guess u cant have AIM on the 8310
    06-25-08 02:43 PM
    What exactly is media net, is tha tlike being online, does that cost money. With my old phn it only cost txt msg not using internet ussage....how do i long into media net?
    06-25-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD