Just today i unlocked my blackberry 9700 and nothing is working. My plan with telus is unlimited texting, bbm, and facebook. I called telus and they said that "unlocked" phones are harder for telus to work with. Well my question is: Is it possible to make my unlocked phone into a "telus" phone (if that makes any sense)?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you !
    06-07-11 09:59 PM
    You need to make sure you have a BB BIS Data plan on your line and also the correct service books.
    06-08-11 07:35 AM
    You need to make sure you have a BB BIS Data plan on your line and also the correct service books.
    Bingo!

Telus offers the 9700, so it shouldnt be an issue... if you havent done so already, you ned to set up a BIS (blackberry internet service) account for your device... this is where you add/manage your email accounts (among other things)

head over to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus

of you are unable to log-in, then create a new acount... if you just switched to TELUS then you probablly don't have an account.. if you were with TELUS and a different blackberry device previously, then you probablly have an account already

if you already have an account, log-in, and then use the "device switch" and put the new bb's PIN into the account. Once that is done, click the'help' link, and then press 'send service books'

if you created a new account, once you sign-up, and log in, then to she same steps to send the service books.

once you recive the activation messages on your device, it is also a good idea to register the host routing table.

goto Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings - Host Routing Table. then press the menu button, and select 'register'

once you recive the activation message from that,then do a battery pull..

you should be good to go...

if you have any trouble getting in to / creating a BIS account, call TELUS, as they provision the BIS accounts.

you can also ask them to send you the service books while you have them on the phone

hope this helps
    06-08-11 10:55 AM
    Good info Tbrenn ... Unlocking your device does not alter anything you have currently. It opens up your network selection, meaning you can place a compatible carrier sim card into your device to use their service with your device. Ideal for traveling or switching carriers.
    06-08-11 04:24 PM
    i followed all those steps and i didnt get any message on the service books nor the activation message. what should i do?

ps thanks so much for the help
    06-08-11 10:38 PM
    i followed all those steps and i didnt get any message on the service books nor the activation message. what should i do?

ps thanks so much for the help
    if you have any trouble getting in to / creating a BIS account, call TELUS, as they provision the BIS accounts.

you can also ask them to send you the service books while you have them on the phone

hope this helps
    Hope that helps...
    06-08-11 10:56 PM
    lol i forgot about that part sorry about that
    06-08-11 11:14 PM
    Call telus to make sure your account(s) are configures correctly, your device's pin is correct, etc... And see what they can do...

Also, are you sure your device is properly unlocked? Can you call and or send sms messages with the telus SIM inserted? Do you have cell reception ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 06:04 AM
    im going to the telus store tmrw to try and figure it out and yeah i cant call or text :/ but its properly unlocked...i even have reception too
    06-09-11 03:26 PM
    DO you see 3G with the blackberry dots in the corner ???
    06-10-11 10:11 AM
    it says 3G but not the 4 dots
    06-16-11 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD