So i have my convenience key set up to take me straight to my msgs. But i was just wondering, when i recieve a new txt msg and i see the icon on my home screen saying i have a new one. Is there a way to go straight to that msg without having to open up the msg's application? Basically im wondering if there is a key i can press to go straight to my new msg as opposed to pressing my right convenience key everytime. Something on the keyboard...

Thanks in advance
    06-01-08 04:28 PM
    I don't think that's possible. But what's an extra click?
    06-01-08 04:35 PM
    Its not really the extra click, just where it takes place at. I have my key set to take me straight to msgs, but i was curious as to if there was something i could press on my keyboard when i have a new msg notification on my screen
    06-01-08 04:39 PM
    after you hit the conveince key you can hit the letter c to start a new text or email
    06-01-08 04:41 PM
    Its not really the extra click, just where it takes place at. I have my key set to take me straight to msgs, but i was curious as to if there was something i could press on my keyboard when i have a new msg notification on my screen
    I don't think there is a key, or key combination that will take you straight to the new message (unlike a lot of other phones, when you receive a new message you have the option of opening it immediately). But I don't find myself too inconvenienced by it. Sorry I couldn't help!
    06-01-08 05:05 PM
    Before someone comes along and says this more harshly,
    Please do not post a question in more than one place
    (commonly known as cross posting)
    06-01-08 05:15 PM
    I'm guessing you don't use a case or holster with the magnet sleep fuction. I know when I receive a new msg, if I take the phone out of holster withing a certain amount of time, it takes me straight to the msg.
    06-01-08 05:27 PM
    I'm with SilverSurfR...Mine is the same way
    06-01-08 05:49 PM
    That's true. I didn't think of that because I use a skin. But if you use the holster, it will automatically open up emails and texts when you remove it shortly after receiving the message. It also automatically answers phone calls in some cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 01:15 AM
    So i have my convenience key set up to take me straight to my msgs. But i was just wondering, when i recieve a new txt msg and i see the icon on my home screen saying i have a new one. Is there a way to go straight to that msg without having to open up the msg's application? Basically im wondering if there is a key i can press to go straight to my new msg as opposed to pressing my right convenience key everytime. Something on the keyboard...

Thanks in advance

Instead Of Having Your Convenience Key Take You Straight To "Messages", Why Don't You Set To Take Your Straight To "Text Messages" (SMS)?!?
    06-02-08 02:01 AM
    Have you tried the today or today plus themes? Not what you are looking for but I don't know how many msgs or emails I get that I delete w/o reading, bc the info is right there on my homescreen

06-02-08 02:32 AM
    Have you tried the today or today plus themes? Not what you are looking for but I don't know how many msgs or emails I get that I delete w/o reading, bc the info is right there on my homescreen

This would definitely be your best bet. There is no way to set your convenience keys to go straight to your new messages.
    06-02-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD