Does anyone know what exactly reseating a SIM card does? We had a user who was unable to synch calendar appointments with outlook from the BB to the outlook account. Appointments made on Outlook synched up with the BB but not vice versa. All other functions worked properly with the BB except this one issue. The user has been reactivated, moved to a different BES server, done numerous battery pulls, but nothing worked; just today we did a battery and SIM card reseat and now everything is working (and all past appointments made on the BB came pouring in on outlook).

I understood a SIM card reseat to just be a connection issue but was under the impression that the SIM is either connected and recognized or it is not. How could a SIM card reseat solve this specific issue when everything else was working? What does pulling and reseating the SIM actually do?

Thank you for any information you have on this.

Take care.
    09-30-10 11:38 AM
    It insolved removing and re-inserting the SIM card. That is what reseating is.

Resending the servicebooks will fix those issues and you'll get the BES ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 04:48 PM
    It insolved removing and re-inserting the SIM card. That is what reseating is.

Resending the servicebooks will fix those issues and you'll get the BES ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1, the lil chip just isnt being fully read/acknowledged.

common issue.
    09-30-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD