- CrackBerry Abuser
12-07-2012, 11:17 PM #2
- 133 Posts
Re: Question re multiple playbooks
When he turns them on he just have to log in with his bbid and all the apps he buys(or bought) will be downloadable from the pb's without him having to pay for them again
- CrackBerry Master
12-07-2012, 11:19 PM #3
- 1,305 Posts
That's a good question! I'm going to take a stab at it and say no, you can't do that.....
...Someone who knows more about this will surely come along and lead us through the desert LOL.A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-07-2012, 11:35 PM #4
- 502 Posts
It's easy enough. Just set up both devices with the same BBID. Use your email address and password. Don't give the kids the password. When you access App World, let's say from the second device, it asks you if you want to switch devices. You answer yes. You can then go to My World and download. I would downloads to both devices at the same time. There are occasions when prices change and you may have to pay for them again if you wait so be safe and do both at the same time. Some say there's a limit on the amount of switching you can do between PlayBooks but I have never had a problem. I hope they enjoy their Christmas presents.
12-08-2012, 12:46 AM #6
- 5,168 Posts
Since these BlackBerry PlayBooks are intended for your children here are a few suggestions.
1. Create an email account specifically for application management for these tablets. Gmail or Yahoo! are sufficient and should only be used for purposes of BlackBerry ID.
2. Set-up each BlackBerry PlayBook in advance of Christmas Day and install a selection of games to keep the children entertained.
3. If you want your children having their own email accounts, you can configure email account through the native email application.
4. Set-up BlackBerry Video Chat and prepopulate the native Contacts with the information of anyone with whom your children are allowed to video chat and/or send & receive email if you configured these accounts.
5. DO NOT reveal the BlackBerry ID email and password information to the children.
6. Teach your children to use their BlackBerry PlayBooks responsibly. Buy OtterBox Defender cases to protect the tablets and put the case on the tablet before your children begin using their new tablets.
You can use the same BlackBerry ID with up to five unique devices (smartphones and tablets) in any combination. You can safely switch, an unlimited number of times, the PIN associated with the BlackBerry ID within BlackBerry AppWorld if prompted.
- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Sadly the kiddies already know how to us them... They use mine all the time. My bro in law saw my almost two year old playing angry birds on mine, found a sale and finished his Christmas shopping.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
12-08-2012, 10:38 AM #8Phones:
- 5,169 Posts
Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S+ Z10 + Bold 9000
16GB Playbook> Playbook 32GB
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL
- By May Hem in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
- By The-Teacher in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 6Last Post: 02-26-2012, 07:05 PM
- By sashlon in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2012, 01:26 PM
- By mom21 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 11Last Post: 05-11-2011, 12:50 AM
- By jlb21 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 16Last Post: 10-01-2010, 10:30 PM