Had a question about what exactly "IMAP" is? I've had my Gmail acct set-up on my BB for months now.. I was just curious to know what exactly IMAP is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 12:04 AM
    Check What is IMAP. As far as I know, the BlackBerry platform really can't use IMAP the way it was intended to due to the way that the BB Platform works.
    06-15-08 12:48 AM
    You are correct, it can't.

06-15-08 12:52 AM
    Oh I c. So there is really no point in me enabling IMAP in that case? I'm not missing out on much?
    06-15-08 02:35 AM
    Only if you also check your GMail on anouther system. IMAP was great on my PPC and computer. GMail doesn't fully impliment IMAP since it doesn't send updates on read status. It does receive status updates so all was good as long as I didn't use multiple devices or I just had to force a manual update.

06-15-08 07:04 AM
    GMail IMAP is great.
    Download the Gmail App from your BB, there an OTA install, then enable IMAP in your Gmail account through your web browser on your PC then launch the Gmail mobile app, go to settings then tick the box that says something like "alert me when I receive new mail" then click save. Don't use "Exit Google Mail" in the menu, just move the app to back ground. I have an 8100 and I just press the red button (end call) to do this.
    Then whenever you receive a new mail, it'll alert you. and a smaller black envelope appears on the Gmail icon on your screen
    06-15-08 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD