Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 88.89%
  • No

1 11.11%
  • Dumbest idea I've ever heard

0 0%
    Are there any plans on writing a Crackberry app for the BB?

I have no idea how easy/complicated it would be but I think it would be so much easier to use the forums and see the blogs through an app, with maybe push notifications etc.. (Not that I don't like the new m1.crackberry.com site, it looks great and very easy to use)
    Last edited by allleee; 11-07-09 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Changed title to better reflect content
    11-06-09 11:58 PM
    I am confused by your question, because I think the CB launcher is the CB app you're talking about. The new M1 site will eventually replace the current mobile site, so the launcher will take you right to the new mobile site.

Are you asking that if an app, like AP News or Bloomberg Mobile or something like that, where everything you do in the CB is via the app and not the browser, then yeah, I think that would be cool, too. Then you can use your web browser for other things like checking out a theme or app or some recommendatiion on the internet and keep your CB stuff independent. I got a few apps that I can't do both CB and that app at same time because they both use the web browser, so I think if that's what you're asking, it might be cool to have it.
    11-07-09 01:35 AM
    I've always wondered if anyone has made or tried to make an app. It would be nice and with the notifications too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 01:47 AM
    I am confused by your question, because I think the CB launcher is the CB app you're talking about. The new M1 site will eventually replace the current mobile site, so the launcher will take you right to the new mobile site.

Are you asking that if an app, like AP News or Bloomberg Mobile or something like that, where everything you do in the CB is via the app and not the browser, then yeah, I think that would be cool, too. Then you can use your web browser for other things like checking out a theme or app or some recommendatiion on the internet and keep your CB stuff independent. I got a few apps that I can't do both CB and that app at same time because they both use the web browser, so I think if that's what you're asking, it might be cool to have it.
    Yeah I was thinking about something along the lines of AP News. It would be much easier to use the forums and view the blogs in my opinion.
    11-07-09 02:11 AM
    That would be interesting to see if they could make notifications similar to the Facebook application. I think that it could be a little more trouble than its worth but it would neat to have something along those lines. An app is a lot of work.
    11-07-09 11:41 AM
    An app is a lot of work, but definitely better than the mobile site for two reasons:
    a) You need to use the Browser (which at the moment sucks)
    b) You'll lose multitasking capability (can't Google while reading forums!)

Currently I use BOLT + Browser to achieve that very Googling I need to do once in a while, but that is not practical at all. Plus although I use Viigo for the CrackBerry Blog it would be much better to have a native app, especially when it's about graphics or the like; Viigo doesn't like pictures.

I'm sure the community will help with development.
    11-07-09 02:04 PM
    The new M1 site will eventually replace the current mobile site, so the launcher will take you right to the new mobile site.
    I've been playing around a little on the new mobile site. Seems to load and work pretty well. I like it.
    11-07-09 02:12 PM
    I've been playing around a little on the new mobile site. Seems to load and work pretty well. I like it.
    I also use the new site and I like it a lot better compared to the older one. But I still think nothing beats a native app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD