BIS for BB10, would you pay the fee to have it on your phone? Lets say $5 per month

All the old feature set.
    07-03-13 12:40 PM
    Hell no. BIS was a dog. That ship has sailed.
    07-03-13 12:50 PM
    Nope. Wouldn't have paid the premium 5 years ago and surely wouldn't pay it now.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    07-03-13 12:56 PM
    Hell no. BIS was a dog. That ship has sailed.
    ^ what he said.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 12:59 PM
    No.

And i don't think many others would jump to Blackberry either because of BIS. Especially if it would add an extra $5.00 fee making the other OS's cheaper.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-03-13 01:04 PM
    I disagree

Anyone who balks at that fee probably doesn't need the service anyway. So that's fine

If BBRY could somehow manage to deliver a secure email client across platforms through BBM. That would be a potential customer base of at least 500 million. Secure email across all your devices, plus value added services to compete with Skype and Paypal. That is the future.

As a stockholder I hope they have thought of this and that this whole mania about querty vs glass is just short term hump to get over.

To me it was a huge miss that BIS or some form was not brought over to little guys.

As to devices why not add a kick *** high end piece, something you just can't wait to pull out of your pocket. And at the low end an affordable piece as BBRY has a real bifurcated customer base globally

Forget the eco system, but cover the basics even if you have to pay the developers.

Oh and reinstall the little things like putting the phone to sleep at nite.

Digressing..........

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:31 PM
    They could add it as an option, but I certainly wouldn't get it. I find my LTE to be lightning fast compared to H+ on the bold with bis

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:41 PM
    Again. It's not about speed. It's about privacy and security

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:43 PM
    I know... more options are always good. Personally I prefer the much greater speed of LTE without bis

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:47 PM
    I had read exactly what Seabreeze pointed out from a BB analyst (not going to bother to link it). I think offering BES/BIS as a paid service for individuals and small businesses would help keep the NOC in business. Service revenues for the win. Value added for a price.

Some actually benefit a lot from compressed data, push email and the security it offers.
    07-03-13 01:51 PM
    I also used a lot less data when I was on BIS on my Torch. I used to use about 200 mb and now I'm over 1 gb a month. If I could go back to that, I could reduce my data plan and add BIS, and it would still be cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:51 PM
    Everyone wants tomorrow's tech and features yesterday. BB10 is an infant mobile OS, it will mature just as IOS and Android have.
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-03-13 01:53 PM
    Nope, I wouldn't pay for it. I'm glad my BlackBerry is fast!
    I guess it would be cool for an option to get extra money for BlackBerry as well as make some people that feel they want it, to have it

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 02:09 PM
    No.......................
    07-03-13 02:11 PM
    I also used a lot less data when I was on BIS on my Torch. I used to use about 200 mb and now I'm over 1 gb a month. If I could go back to that, I could reduce my data plan and add BIS, and it would still be cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    If that was really important to you then you'd still be using one of those devices. If you aren't then it mean that isn't as important.

And it's the same with others. If security, data compression and push email was at the top of the list for basic users then they would not have been migrated away like they have over the past few years. I'd argue the disadvantages of truncated emails, not having access to all my email folders and service interruptions outweigh the advantages of BIS in 2013. At least to me.
    07-03-13 02:15 PM
    Everyone wants tomorrow's tech and features yesterday. BB10 is an infant mobile OS, it will mature just as IOS and Android have.
    Possibly. But it needs to mature a lot faster than they did. The market in 2007 and 2008 was not nearly as competitive as it is now and companies do not have the luxury of time.
    07-03-13 02:17 PM
    I most definitely would not pay for BIS. I have no need. I have unlimited data anyway, and my push email accounts work just fine. I don't see a need.
    07-03-13 02:27 PM
    If that was really important to you then you'd still be using one of those devices. If you aren't then it mean that isn't as important.

And it's the same with others. If security, data compression and push email was at the top of the list for basic users then they would not have been migrated away like they have over the past few years. I'd argue the disadvantages of truncated emails, not having access to all my email folders and service interruptions outweigh the advantages of BIS in 2013. At least to me.
    How can you say it's not important for me? It?s just not a deal breaker, but I would be insanely happy if those options would be possible again.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 02:27 PM